• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Religion and Only point the way....

Wayne

New Member
#1
Religion can only point you the way. At the end of your life it is between you and God. Look within yourself and there you will find god. "For where your heart is there will your treasures be" said Jesus.

Many people are put off by the word 'religion'. It conjures up many negative thoughts about slavishly following written text and being told what to do. Over the centuries the message of what religion is has been lost. The spiritual path is all about oneness with the universe and finding our part in it. You can start your own personal 'religion' if you want, with methods amalgamated from many different sources, and it will be just as valid as any other. The organized religions are there to offer guidance and information about how to tread the spiritual path. The stigma of religion is that many get caught up in the words and not the message those words are trying to deliver.

God is the eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death. God is not only beyond but also deep within every form as its innermost invisible and indestructible essence. This means that it is accessible to you now as your own deepest self, your true nature. But don't seek to grasp to with your mind. Don't try to understand it. You can know it only when the mind is still. When you are present, when your attention is fully and intensely in the Now, God can be felt, but it can never be understood mentally. To regain awareness of Being and abide in the state of "feeling-realization" is enlightenment. I love the Buddha's simple definition of enlightenment as "the end of suffering."

The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. By misuse I mean the people who never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or even argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions and even egoic delusions such as "My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false,".

The word God has become a closed concept. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer, perhaps, of an old man with a white beard, but still the mental representation of someone or something outside you.

Neither God nor Being nor any other word can define or explain the ineffable reality behind the word, the only important question is whether the word is a help or a hindrance in enabling you to experience that toward which it points. Does it point beyond itself to that transcendental reality, or does it lend itself too easily to becoming no more than an idea in your head that you believe in, a mental idol?

Nobody can claim exclusive possession of God. It is your very essence, and it is immediately accessible to you as the feeling of your own presence, the realization I am that is prior to I am this or I am that. So it is only a small step from the word God to the experience of God.

With blessings,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 
#2
Beleiving is power.

I don't care how people percieve the word etc... as long as you believe or have some God in your life, you will live much happier. (In my opinion)
 

kickingbird

candle lighter
#3
It is said only God can realize God, that only God can worship God, and for one to realize God, one must transcend mind and desire and step onto the ship of Wisdom. That Power, the One who is Beginningless Beginning and Eternal, can be known by becoming the very smallest point within the Heart. How can our feeble minds name such a Power? For now the word "God" seems to satisfy the baby mind. That Resonance/Radiance is the Source and End of our Beingness - the Open Space beyond all time and space; where the "I" no longer exists - where only That Is. (Good place to be)
Actually, there was a small, humble man with a white beard who truly embodied the Qualities of God ... when he spoke, he wasn't there - only God was there speaking ... and those of us who listened forgot our"selves" and melted into that Grace. Such a Grace.
It IS good to have some inkling of "God", whatever we perceive That to be, in our lives. Without That we wouldn't even exist.
A perception of how becoming small to enter that Point: think of two triangles. The broad base of one is at the bottom, and the point is upward. The other, the point is downward and the top expands into Infinity - the two are intermingled as a star. In order to pass through the Point of the top triangle, one must become very small, very humble. What is within that top triangle is limitless and eternal; and in entering That we have left all our big baggage below. There is no religion there, no I, no you, no "my religion is better than your religion"; just pure Light, Open Space, Nirvana, whatever form our minds try to give it but yet Wisdom "knows" and needs no forms.
... whatever we love, we are ...
 

Wayne

New Member
#4
kickingbird said:
It is said only God can realize God, that only God can worship God, and for one to realize God, one must transcend mind and desire and step onto the ship of Wisdom. That Power, the One who is Beginningless Beginning and Eternal, can be known by becoming the very smallest point within the Heart. How can our feeble minds name such a Power? For now the word "God" seems to satisfy the baby mind. That Resonance/Radiance is the Source and End of our Beingness - the Open Space beyond all time and space; where the "I" no longer exists - where only That Is. (Good place to be)
Actually, there was a small, humble man with a white beard who truly embodied the Qualities of God ... when he spoke, he wasn't there - only God was there speaking ... and those of us who listened forgot our"selves" and melted into that Grace. Such a Grace.
It IS good to have some inkling of "God", whatever we perceive That to be, in our lives. Without That we wouldn't even exist.
A perception of how becoming small to enter that Point: think of two triangles. The broad base of one is at the bottom, and the point is upward. The other, the point is downward and the top expands into Infinity - the two are intermingled as a star. In order to pass through the Point of the top triangle, one must become very small, very humble. What is within that top triangle is limitless and eternal; and in entering That we have left all our big baggage below. There is no religion there, no I, no you, no "my religion is better than your religion"; just pure Light, Open Space, Nirvana, whatever form our minds try to give it but yet Wisdom "knows" and needs no forms.
... whatever we love, we are ...
Thank you for sharing.

With blessings,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#6
I heard a message today on absolutes and comparisons. I had never heard it put this way before. You all can chew on it or spit it out. It is your choice. I thought it was interesting and thought I would share it.

~You can believe absolutely there is no God. You can believe absolutely that there is no such thing as gravity. But if you jump from a building you will absolutely go splat!

~Let's see if I can say this one right. "Some people believe there is no such thing as "absolutes" and believe it "absolutely"!! He told us to think about what that sentence actually says.

~You could be riding on a plane and you are handed a parachute to put on because in five minutes you are to jump or go down with the plane. It does not matter how much you know about parachutes. If you do not put it on it will not be able to help you.

Gods truth can not help you if you do not believe it and embrace it, I think was what he was trying to say. Just some food for thought. Do not get angry at me for sharing it. Just think of it as another point of view. Embrace it or reject it is all I ask. That is what I do when reading the variety of religious views here. I just read what everyone has to say here. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I do not. I do not always say either way if I agree or not on here and I refuse to condemn the ones I do not agree with because I do not have the authority to do so. Chew on it or reject it I say. :)
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#14
Just a thought...

Have anyone here ever considered that God(s) need as much help as we (humans) do? Now considering that...aren't we being selfish? Always asking of God(s) and never thinking of what it needs.

BTW...for those who in the past have gotten the wrong impression...I acknowledge the existance of a God realm I just don't worship any god(s).
And... please donot give a book answer, answer from your heart not from your indoctrination .
 
#15
Everybody Worship Something Or Someone You Can Make A God Out Of Anything........i Myself Worship The Only God That Made This World ......he Doses Not Need Us ........ But We Need Him....
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#16
That poses a question. If he doesn't need us...why do we bother him?
Again...are we being selfish?????
And everybody does not worship...Only those who need to.

lmorgan102556 said:
Everybody Worship Something Or Someone You Can Make A God Out Of Anything........i Myself Worship The Only God That Made This World ......he Doses Not Need Us ........ But We Need Him....
 
#17
What Is The One Thing You Love The Most .......he Is My Life He Gave Me My Everything Everything All My Needs He My Father Mother Sister Brother Anything I Need All I Do Is Ask In His Name He Al Ways There When I Call Him.... Everyone Has Something Too Worship......... He Has Heal Me A Mean Of Atime .when Doctors Cant...... And Died Forthis Whole World He Died For You Too....he Gives Us The Change Too Worship Who We Want Too.....
 

Wayne

New Member
#20
Jalu said:
That poses a question. If he doesn't need us...why do we bother him?
Again...are we being selfish?????
And everybody does not worship...Only those who need to.
Hi Jalu,

We do need God and God needs us also to realize the truth of who we really are. Where we came from and what we need to do to get back inward to be in union with the source. There is only one highest force for good and through him all things were made.

There will always be a person who says that God does not need us or we are selfish. In the end its not what they say it is how you perceive any given events, you see there is no actual reality there is only the perception of reality (Things like when man said that the earth was flat, or that we are station when the earth is spinning at dizzying speed or that the stars you see actually have died and what is left are the rays that travels in space). But what i am writing to you are all words they mean nothing till you realize. You may ask how one relize does this well in my opinion fasting, meditation, prayers and use love in everything you do. Which religion? Ill leave that choice to you.

We are sometimes selfish yes as human beings we take things for granted and we are not honest to ourselves, we hide our weaknesses and start to blame the world but in truth if you really question your intention and realize that everything here on earth was meant to serve you whether you give labels to it "good" or "bad" they were there to serve you. There are no victims. There are always choices to make in life.

The road is so narrow and at times difficult. Don’t let someone deter you, don’t let someone push you off your path. It is difficult enough to get “there” without trying your wrist to a person who will cramp and hinder you. Remember it is better to go lonely than not go at all. When you are off your path, your soul will ache. It is not like a toothache or a back pain. You feel this pain in the deepest part of your essence. No medicine will correct it. The word simply means to turn around and go the other way. It indicated hat you have stepped out of your destiny and are lost. When that happen, you have to say to whom or whatever it is that is making your soul ache, “No, this doesn’t work for me. This shoe is not cut for my foot.” Take some time to reflect on where you are and to assess where you are going. But most of all ask how you are doing. You’re the last person who will know how you are feeling and really stick around to hear answer. I’ve seen so many people that lost passion and are living with a disturbed soul, which causes much internal pain. For many it’s a condition that causes restlessness, discontentment and irritability. Others just become numb and indifferent to find “there”. They often feel so lost in the dark woods, where all the trees and landmarks look the same and that they can no longer see the North Star because the branches are in the way. Don’t let life leave you numb and lost in the forest of indifference. It will if you let it.

With Blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"