• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Dharma.

Wayne

New Member
#1
The Buddha taught the Dharma (the teachings of the truth of all things) solely out of compassion for all who suffer in the cycle of birth and death. The Dharma is therefore taught without any selfish motives. It is well taught and completely good, by nature pure and bright like a light that destroys the darkness of ignorance. When the Dharma is studied and practised, it brings many benefits both now and in the future.

We must practice the Dharma, which is like the medicine the Buddha gave us, to attain Enlightenment. It is not enough just to hear the Dharma. We have to actively apply it in our daily lives and in our relationships with others. This means we try to be mindful and notice when disturbing attitudes arise. Then we apply the remedies enabling us to perceive the situation clearly.

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 

pantera

New Member
#3
It is so true but so difficult to do everyday. I'd like to be able to do it to feel good with the others and with myself. I still have a long way before being someone "good":(.
what about you all?
 

Wayne

New Member
#4
pantera said:
It is so true but so difficult to do everyday. I'd like to be able to do it to feel good with the others and with myself. I still have a long way before being someone "good":(.
what about you all?
Hi Pantera,

You have probably come across "mad" people in the street incessantly talking or muttering to themselves. Well, that's not much different from what you and all other "normal" people do, except that you don't do it out loud. The voice comments, speculates, judges, compares, complains, likes, dislikes, and so on. The voice isn't necessarily relevant to the situation you find yourself in at the time; it may be reviving the recent or distant past or rehearsing or imagining possible future situations. Here it often imagines things going wrong and negative outcomes; this is called worry. Many people live with a tormentor in their head that continuously attacks and punishes them and drains them of vital energy. It is the cause of untold misery and unhappiness, as well as disease.

The good news is that you can free yourself from your mind. this is the only true liberation. You can take the first step right now. Start listening to the voice in your head as often as you can. Pay particular attention to any repetitive thought patterns, those old gramophone records that have been playing in your head perhaps for many years. This is what I mean by "watching the thinker," which is another way of saying to listen to the voice in your head, be there as the witnessing presence.

When you listen to that voice, listen to it impartially. That is to say do not judge. Do not judge or condemn what you hear, for doing so would mean that the same voice has to come back again, and here I am listening to it, watching it. this I am realization, this sense of you own presence, is not a thought. It arises from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken.

So when you lien to your thought, you are aware not only of the thought but also of yourself as the witness of the thought. A new dimension of consciousness has come in. As you listen to the thought, you feel a conscious presence your deeper self behind the thought as it were. The thought then loses its power over you and quickly subsides, because you are no longer energizing the mind through identification with it. In this state of inner connectedness, you are much more alert, more awake than in the mind-identified state. You are fully present. It also raises the vibrational frequency of the energy field that gives life to the physical body.

The journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to disidentify from your mind. That does not mean that we do not need to use the mind we still need the mind it is part of us we need it to function in this world but there comes a point where they take over our lives, and this is where dysfunction, pain, and sorrow set in.

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 

pantera

New Member
#5
I spent bad times but everything seems to go better and better but i'm very interested in buddhism and feng shui. I go to buddhism conference and something true is that I feel better when i follow the advices of the dalai lama or the other lamas. But I'm just starting and the way is long. It's difficult to change your way to be and toà act. I'm working on it. I'm glad to find here people better than me and with a higher conscious level.
Thanx for what ya said. It's well said and unfortunately true!
 

tora

Funmaker
#6
I'm afraid the Dharma way's been lost for me this summer...of hopes.
Or maybe I've found a better alternative :D
 

Wayne

New Member
#8
tora said:
I'm afraid the Dharma way's been lost for me this summer...of hopes.
Or maybe I've found a better alternative :D
Hi Tora,

Thats good that you found another, You see we are all trying to get to the same place just in different ways :)

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 

Wayne

New Member
#9
pantera said:
I spent bad times but everything seems to go better and better but i'm very interested in buddhism and feng shui. I go to buddhism conference and something true is that I feel better when i follow the advices of the dalai lama or the other lamas. But I'm just starting and the way is long. It's difficult to change your way to be and toà act. I'm working on it. I'm glad to find here people better than me and with a higher conscious level.
Thanx for what ya said. It's well said and unfortunately true!
Hi Pantera,

Thank you for letting me share and what ever i said or know is already inside you there is nothing in this world that you will never know. Everything will be reveal to you when you are ready. Spend sometime by yourself in a quite place. One Question i ask myself every morning is "What am i grateful for?" And you know what...I am grateful to get one more day to live and learn and to accept what ever is before me, you see we are not here to be punished.

We are here to be educated. Every event has the potential to transform us, and disasters have the greatest potential to change our thinking. Act as if every event has a purpose, and your life will have purpose. Figure out why you neede an experience, conquer it, and you won't need it again.

The universe is always nudging us with gentle signals. When we ignore the signals, it nudges us with a sledgehammer. Growth is most painful when resist it.

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 
#11
Wayne said:
Hi Tora,

Thats good that you found another, You see we are all trying to get to the same place just in different ways :)

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
Thanks for your incouragement.After all I believe I'm not that lost.But my Dharma wheel is quite naughty from time to time.
 
#12
Wayne said:
Hi Pantera,

Thank you for letting me share and what ever i said or know is already inside you there is nothing in this world that you will never know. Everything will be reveal to you when you are ready. Spend sometime by yourself in a quite place. One Question i ask myself every morning is "What am i grateful for?" And you know what...I am grateful to get one more day to live and learn and to accept what ever is before me, you see we are not here to be punished.

We are here to be educated. Every event has the potential to transform us, and disasters have the greatest potential to change our thinking. Act as if every event has a purpose, and your life will have purpose. Figure out why you neede an experience, conquer it, and you won't need it again.

The universe is always nudging us with gentle signals. When we ignore the signals, it nudges us with a sledgehammer. Growth is most painful when resist it.

With blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
Thanx a lot for your encouragement and your "friendship"
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#14
You lost me wayne. I don't know if it is a blonde thing or just that the darma and buddhism is foreign to me. What I was taught came from the Bible.
 

Wayne

New Member
#15
Julie Scarborough said:
You lost me wayne. I don't know if it is a blonde thing or just that the darma and buddhism is foreign to me. What I was taught came from the Bible.
Hi Julie,

The dharma is the divinity within you, in the Christian context it is god within you. I know that as a Christian it may be hard to come to terms about other religions dogma. For Jesus said "I Am the Way, the Truth & the Life; no one goes to the Father except me" John - 14:6-7.

All I am asking it is not what is right or wrong what I am sharing here is the divinity in you and all of us are created by the only one God of all creation; The living God. Have compassion for all mankind don’t get lost in the religion context that contradicts each other. Take some time to fast, meditate and look within yourself and there the answers of life will unfold for you. I love Jesus teachings for he gave up Power for Love and it really touches me every time I read the bible. It is all about expanding your consciousness to be able to really experience the word of god in your life. That is why what Jesus said 2000 years ago; we are still baffled by it and there are so many people even in the Christian community that have different views on it you ask why? Free yourself look inside and ask the Holy Sprit to guide you and he will come when you pray, fast, meditate and do everything possible with love even if sometimes you have different level of love for another person that is why Jesus ask Simon Peter son of John three times if he love Jesus JOHN 21: 15-18 now in the bible it is in simple English so you may not understand why he ask Simon 3 times. But in the translation in Greek the there are different levels of love that Simon Peter had for Jesus and the last time Simon answered “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you” in Greek that was to be a friendship love that Simon had for Jesus. There are a lot of things that have been distorted by man that sometimes you get lost, some say God is an all fearing God and some say God is an all Loving God the choice is yours.

With Blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#16
I was taught that God is an all fearing and loving God. I think the fearing is the "power" of God. His judgement is just. (not corrupt)
 
#17
Well,to be honestly,I didn't take time to read the first page of this thread so I'll just go on :D
One universal rule for all-What U Give U Get Back.Call it carma,call luck,call it God,call it Tripod,it won't go away.
 

Wayne

New Member
#18
Julie Scarborough said:
I was taught that God is an all fearing and loving God. I think the fearing is the "power" of God. His judgement is just. (not corrupt)
Thank you for sharing Julie, for me my concept and belife is that God is an all loving and there is nothing to fear him. As long as you do whatever it takes possible to get close to God.One way i know of is fasting and it gets you there it is a beautiful experience it makes you feel the love of God in you and the world, it cleans the body sharpens the mind frees the soul when you do a 3 days fast the hunger stops then you realize that "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" there is a different between learning from a pastor or a priest and the experince of God when the Holy sprit comes the human form merges with God in union or i would say bridge the gap there everything changes your beliefs of what is, your perception, the level of love you have for someone is magnified. The bliss or some would say "The Peak Experience" is a wonderful feeling it last for days sometimes it last a minute but that minute is beyond space and time. But what i am saying here is all words to understand the depth that i am speaking about you need to go beyond the mind spend time in contemplation of what is. Just be present at all time. Be here in the Now for jesus said "Do not worry about the past for it is gone, Do not worry about the future for it has not come but live today." I have alot of information on the Now and fasting do check out the website at www.dreamlife.biz

With Blessing,

Wayne Fonseca
www.dreamlife.biz
"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are"