Steven Seagal's Sword and Guitar Collection Shown On History Channel.

Littledragon

Above The Law
Sorry I didn't post this earlier but today on the History Channel on the episode of Boys Toys, they showed Seagal's sword and guitar collection. They showed Seagal's vintage guitar collection which consists of over 300 guitars, having collected guitars from Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King, Lenny Kravitz, as well as many others. Also they showed his remarkable samurai sword collection and Seagal even has a sword from Japan that is over 1,000 years old.

You can check The History Channel's website to see if the segment will be airing again or you can purchase the episode from their online store.

--------------------


There is a 2-hour special on the History Channel, "Private Collections", and is part of the "Boys' Toys" series of specials. It is scheduled to air Saturday, December 10th, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time, 12:00 noon Central time.

This is the synopsis:

"Priceless collections. Compilations devoted to with such passion, entire lives have been spent perfecting them. From rescued trash to treasure troves with values known to only the most discerning eye, people collect for many reasons. For some, the thrill is in the find; for others, collecting is an escape from daily life. But all collectors have one thing in common--they love it! This 2-hour special shows what people hoard--from the largest Star Wars collection to the largest private collection of Elvis memorabilia--and the extent to which they go to satisfy their hobby, their passion, their addiction. Among the collections we view are Steven Seagal's ancient Japanese swords and rare guitars, Arnold Palmer's golf clubs (over 10,000), and Penny Marshall's sports memorabilia (she often battles Billy Crystal for the top online bid).

These specials are often repeated multiple times, so I'll post further airings here once the times become available.

Be aware, though, there are other specials under the title of "Boys' Toys", and this one is called "Private Collections".
 

suziwong

Administrator
Staff member
Littledragon said:
Oops I didn't see that one Suzi, sorry. But he displayed his exquisute guitar collection in his backyard at his house so that was really neat to see. :)

oh not important you watched and you wrote details .. its very good...

suzi
 

Littledragon

Above The Law
suziwong said:
oh not important you watched and you wrote details .. its very good...

suzi


I also noticed the interveiw clips were a mix of old interviews of Seagal as well as more recent interveiws with him. ;) I can tell one of the interveiws looked like it was from the year 2003 and another interveiw clip looked more recent. They also showed some of Seagal's guitar performances at his concert as well. ;)
 

suziwong

Administrator
Staff member
Littledragon said:
I also noticed the interveiw clips were a mix of old interviews of Seagal as well as more recent interveiws with him. ;) I can tell one of the interveiws looked like it was from the year 2003 and another interveiw clip looked more recent. They also showed some of Seagal's guitar performances at his concert as well. ;)


aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! GOD !!! I hate from these kind of
TV activities with him... !!!!!! :( :D:D:D
 

Littledragon

Above The Law
suziwong said:
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! GOD !!! I hate from these kind of
TV activities with him... !!!!!! :( :D:D:D

But none the less Suzi it was a very interesting segment on him. Especially since we got to see some of his back yard. ;)
 

latinojazz

Member
The important thing is that Steven keeps appearing in the TV, more than he didn´t made theatrical releases in the States since 2002
 

tenshinaikidoka

Martial Art Student
The backyard hurts when your taking ukemi!!!! I would rather see it on tv!!!! Seriously, he does have a very impresive samurai sword collection. Nice and well taken care of!!!
 

Littledragon

Above The Law
tenshinaikidoka said:
The backyard hurts when your taking ukemi!!!! I would rather see it on tv!!!! Seriously, he does have a very impresive samurai sword collection. Nice and well taken care of!!!

It should hurt, no matter if you break fall, hitting the solid grass ground would hurt I bet.

His samurai sword collection is amazing. I don't even have one samurai sword yet, I only have a small wakazashi. :rolleyes:

I asked for a samurai sword for Christmas, hope I get it. ;)
 

tenshinaikidoka

Martial Art Student
I am trying to attain a traditional (Edo period) samurai sword, a little spendy, but I am thinking I will get it!!!! Interesting to havea real "samurai" sword and not a newer one (not that there is anything wrong with that)!!!!
 

Littledragon

Above The Law
tenshinaikidoka said:
I am trying to attain a traditional (Edo period) samurai sword, a little spendy, but I am thinking I will get it!!!! Interesting to havea real "samurai" sword and not a newer one (not that there is anything wrong with that)!!!!

I am trying to buy a samurai sword Tenshin. What should I look for while purchasing a samurai sword.
 

tenshinaikidoka

Martial Art Student
It really would depend on what you want out of the sword and what it will be used for (display, practice). Where was it made, what type of metal is it (steel, alloy or another fabricated metal). The best advise I can give is to actually ask a sword expert or someone who trains in Kenjutsu or Iado. They have more knowledge than I , since I only train Aiki Ken and not a school of Kenjutsu. Sorry, wish I could help more.
 

Littledragon

Above The Law
tenshinaikidoka said:
It really would depend on what you want out of the sword and what it will be used for (display, practice). Where was it made, what type of metal is it (steel, alloy or another fabricated metal). The best advise I can give is to actually ask a sword expert or someone who trains in Kenjutsu or Iado. They have more knowledge than I , since I only train Aiki Ken and not a school of Kenjutsu. Sorry, wish I could help more.

Ok, thanks for the advice Tenshin. ;)
 
P

photomouse14

Guest
OK I really want to see this interview of his collection on the history channel but when I type it in it says no results. Does anyone have a link that show it or to where I can buy it?:)
 

Seagalzilla

Active Member
Has someone taken screenshots? In Germany here the German edition of History Channel has no plans to broadcast this here.
 
P

photomouse14

Guest
I found the DVD to buy......Its called Private Collections and you can get it on the history website. I plan on getting it when I have some money. When I do I'll try to post some screenshots but it won't be til next month.
 

J.Lucas

Active Member
Has someone taken screenshots? .......

Here is a few...
PC-1.jpg


PC-2.jpg


PC-3.jpg


PC-4.jpg
 
Top