Where's TD?

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, I think I should say this: a very public apology for what transpired recently that resulted in a misunderstanding from a misunderstanding. The exchange has been disposed of, but I just want to say that while the matter has been cleared up privately between parties, to anyone witnessing the public part of it, I feel I do owe everyone an apology. In retrospect, I realise that I was in fact doing the very same thing to people here as my father has been doing to me, and once I realised that, I was appalled and much chastened. I hope I can do better and not let that happen again.
 

katw_03

New Member
Lollipop said:
We are going to hijack your thread TD!

Kat, I see we have alittle spunk this morning! :) :)
What'ca be doing? Eh? :D :D ;) ;)
Yep, sometimes you have to take matters into
your own hands! ;) :D Really Lolli, do you realize
how much you would be missed if you left the forum?
We love you!!! :) You ain't going nowhere(as we hillbillies say) :D
 

Lollipop

Banned
kat said:
Yep, sometimes you have to take matters into
your own hands! ;) :D Really Lolli, do you realize
how much you would be missed if you left the forum?
We love you!!! :) You ain't going nowhere(as we hillbillies say) :D


I keep forgetting you are a Hillbilly also!! Do you have a cement pond in your back yard? :D :D
Pools are not that expense around here, it is your homeowners insurance you can't afford!! With everyone always sue happy insurance company's eat you up on the premium's!!!
 

Lollipop

Banned
Lollipop said:
Okay! :) I thought later to pull it to the GTKY thread, but didn't!! :)

:apeace:

We really were just stopping in to see if you were home and missed you!

But did you read this thread?
Ownership of threads ( Multi-page thread 1 2 )
Amos Stevens
:confused:
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
Kat, you and Lollipop were threatening to hijack my thread - remember? :D :D :D

No worries. I'm not being a grouch! Just kidding around.
 

katw_03

New Member
Td

TDWoj said:
Kat, you and Lollipop were threatening to hijack my thread - remember? :D :D :D

No worries. I'm not being a grouch! Just kidding around.
Oh yeah TD, I remember now! Sorry, I forgot! :D :)
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
:mad: !

My friend Karl's latest novel was just reviewed in Kirkus, which is a top literary review magazine, and the review, shall we say, was less than glowing. In fact, it seems to diss all of science fiction, not just his novel. Karl's novels are way cool because of all the neat ideas in them. After all, science fiction is the genre of ideas, and Karl has some of the best!

Apparently, however, the reviewers at Kirkus don't agree.

:mad: :gun:
 

Amos Stevens

New Member
Sorry to hear about your friends review TD...last people I listen to is professional critics..they have no taste & especially can't tell ME what I would like
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just so annoyed because Karl comes up with the COOLEST ideas. In one of his novels, for example, he came up with a philosophy of artifical intelligences called "thalience". So well thought out it was, that a professor of philosophy from the University of California at Berkeley called him up about it, about where he'd learned about it so he could teach it in class, and Karl had to confess he'd made it all up - so the guy asked if he could teach it in class, anyway, and of course Karl said "yes"!

The novel being reviewed by Kirkus is about colliding virtual realities and perceptions of reality. Everyone lives in a virtual reality that is controlled by a central computer. You can have a million people occupying the same physical space, and every one of those million people could live in either their own VRs or in a group VR - and no one would ever physically bump into anyone else, because the computer keeps them apart. The problem arises when another society outside the VR one wants to disrupt the harmony of the VR world, and the people living in the VR worlds aren't convinced a danger exists...

Is that a cool idea, or what?
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
TD is without a television.

Oh, the horror! The withdrawal! What am I going to DO with all that spare time away from the box!

Of course, this would have to happen right when I have no employment, and my bank account has circled the drain and vanished.

I guess I don't have a choice - I'm going to HAVE to start writing and hope I sell something - soon!
 

Lollipop

Banned
TDWoj said:
TD is without a television.

Oh, the horror! The withdrawal! What am I going to DO with all that spare time away from the box!

Of course, this would have to happen right when I have no employment, and my bank account has circled the drain and vanished.

I guess I don't have a choice - I'm going to HAVE to start writing and hope I sell something - soon!

I hate that, I have my TV on alot, I am really not watching or listening sometimes!! But when you know it is broken that is when you panic!

Maybe you can write something, I hope so! :)
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
Lollipop said:
I hate that, I have my TV on alot, I am really not watching or listening sometimes!! But when you know it is broken that is when you panic!

Maybe you can write something, I hope so! :)

Me, too!

So far today, I've submitted my timesheet for last week (a whopping great 4.75 hours), called everyone I could about work (there isn't any), applied for a job at the Toronto Public Library (Sundays only, help desk, doesn't start until September, if I get it, for which chances are slim), done my laundry, have had a partial clear out of my bedroom/office in preparation for major reorganisation of space, and washed one load of dishes (my kitchen is in a terrible state).

Amongst my writerly mates, this is known as "cat-vacuuming" - it's what you do when you're doing your best to avoid writing.

I guess I can't avoid it any longer....

-TD, definitely suffering from TV withdrawal symptoms....
 

Lollipop

Banned
TDWoj said:
Me, too!

So far today, I've submitted my timesheet for last week (a whopping great 4.75 hours), called everyone I could about work (there isn't any), applied for a job at the Toronto Public Library (Sundays only, help desk, doesn't start until September, if I get it, for which chances are slim), done my laundry, have had a partial clear out of my bedroom/office in preparation for major reorganisation of space, and washed one load of dishes (my kitchen is in a terrible state).

Amongst my writerly mates, this is known as "cat-vacuuming" - it's what you do when you're doing your best to avoid writing.

I guess I can't avoid it any longer....

-TD, definitely suffering from TV withdrawal symptoms....


Poor TD, hang in there, put on that "thinking cap" maybe something will jump out at you!! I would rather lose phone service than TV!



BEST OF LUCK!
 

Attachments

  • best of luck TD.gif
    best of luck TD.gif
    3 KB · Views: 154

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
Phone service I need, alas, or how would I be able to annoy everyone by posting here? :D Oh, and I need it for work, as well.... ;)

If I had a cat, and if I really was vacuuming it, it would be completely bald by now....

-TD, running out of r/e/a/s/o/n/s excuses not to write
 

Lollipop

Banned
TDWoj said:
Phone service I need, alas, or how would I be able to annoy everyone by posting here? :D Oh, and I need it for work, as well.... ;)

If I had a cat, and if I really was vacuuming it, it would be completely bald by now....

-TD, running out of r/e/a/s/o/n/s excuses not to write


Write or keep posting, if you quit posting we will think you are writing!

Glad my cat is a safe distance away! :D :D
 

TDWoj

Administrator
Staff member
Not writing not writing not writing not writing...

Let's see, what else can I do... Oh! I know! It's time for lunch! :)
 
Top