- Started watching Attrition, I rented it. Wow, so far it’s great. Not DTV garbage, a real work of art like his classic films.His performance is like the old days, he’s caring again. The drama and character stuff between the action is engaging. Seagal wrote the screenplay, it’s a passion project for him.
- Just finished watching ATTRITION, excellent movie. Seagal was telling the truth when he said it's his best film in 20 years. The action was great but it's not one of those DTV movies you just watch for the action. This one actually has compelling drama and character stuff. I'd welcome a sequel. The action is very hard R and bloody. But the film has a lot of heart too, it's beautifully shot. There's some moments that are genuinely emotional.
There's a part where Seagal's hair is down and he looks like Mason Storm with the beard. That was cool.
Any of you who've ever been a Seagal fan, if you like his 80's and 90's classics, treat yourself to this movie it's worth at least a rental. Personally I'm buying it on Blu-ray as soon as I can figure out how.
- Just finished watching it. It was entertaining overall but I had a bunch of problems with the script. There were a lot of scenes that made me go what the hell lol. A lot of randomness in some of the scenes & some of the acting was bad. There’s a few things also that I don’t want to go into due to them being spoilers. Basically they brought up a few things in the film but they never really go into them much or where I’m asking myself why? The action scenes were mainly all very good though but I wish there were more of them. It was probably Seagal’s best film in about 10 years though. I’ll maybe buy it on blu-ray eventually just due to the action being good.
No, i won't buy it via 365Flix. Will probably get it via Danish iTunes when it is available. That way i can download to watch on my television without Chromecast, via browser, etc.. Streaming for me isn't good as connection can sometimes be slow.
Edit: Pre-ordered now, cost £13.31 and hopefully available on 24th.
Some more user reviews / posts about Attriton on the Stallone forum:
- Well technically it’s a streaming movie, but what I mean is it’s not like any of his DTV movies, with the fake accent, not doing his own ADR, body doubles for walking across the room or getting out of car, stunt doubles that look nothing like Seagal doing most of the fights, etc... Even his better DTV movies like Pistol Whipped only have the ambition of being DTV. The dialogue and acting is terrible. The set design is bland.
Attrition actually has good acting, dialogue, cinematography, location shooting. It has a good story and Seagal giving a performance on par with his theatrical film performances. This is the only film he’s done since Exit Wounds that I could honestly recommend to others.
- I personally think you’re getting peoples hopes up way too much. It was a decent movie but the movie definitely had problems. The acting from Seagal was as good as it can be at this point, but some of the supporting cast & the dialogue was pretty bad at certain points. Also, as I stated there were scenes that were so random & came out of nowhere. They came across as cheesy to me & took me out of the movie a little. I agree on the cinematography & locations though as well as all the action scenes being good. It’s definitely a watchable movie though but I think Pistol Whipped, Into the Sun & Urban Justice are better personally. I know it’s all subjective though so everyone will have their own opinion.
- I know what scenes you’re talking about, I thought they were very well acted and were character development scenes. They had nothing to do with the overall plot but I thought they were well played by the actors. I’m not saying Attrition is a masterpiece or a revelation, it’s not going to win Seagal new fans. But for fans of his 80s and 90s films it’s a return to form. I stand by my opinion that it’s better than every DTV movie he’s ever made. Pistol Whipped, Urban Justice and Into the Sun are not actual good movies. They’re some of his better DTV movies only because he does his own fighting and ADR, but the dialogue and acting is not that good. I never got sucked into the story and cared about the characters. With Attrition I was.