• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No SEAGAL for The Expendables 3.

Mason

Well-Known Member
#1
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101489&offset=10

Sylvester Stallone Gives an Update on The Expendables 3

Source: Sylvester Stallone
March 12, 2013​

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101489&offset=10#18zgyKIYHMkUzuxD.99

Sylvester Stallone took to Twitter today to give an update on the status of The Expendables 3.

He said that he's writing the third installment right now and that you can expect "mountains of surprises." He added that he thinks "EX3 needs NEW blood and more humor.... The films were always meant to be more on the humorous side with moments of drama.

Jackie Chan was quoted last December as saying that Stallone had asked him to be in the third film and he "agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes."

Stallone, in his latest tweets, confirmed that he's talking to Chan, but that Steven Seagal won't be part of the film. "No S. Seagal, sorry, but maybe we get lucky with J. Chan!"

Then he again mentioned that he is looking to cast "some young bloods!!! By young I mean 22 to 27. Not big bruisers but tech wizard, super brains and a young woman who is not a sex symbol but funny, tough, REAL."

Who do you think the "young bloods" should be? The first film earned $274.5 million worldwide in 2010 and the second brought in $300 million worldwide last year.


Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101489&offset=10#18zgyKIYHMkUzuxD.99


I'm actualy releefed. When he dosn't stay in shape it would look stupid on the big screen with all the others who are in great shape. So I actualy think this good news :)
 

JoshStern

Active Member
#2
His big chance and he blew it!!!!!!! .. well moving on, I wasent expecting him to be in it anyway.

Maby he is gearing up for something with Nasso when/if he gets released, that would be great.
 

supertom

Disgruntled fan!
#3
It doesn't surprise me. I don't really see Seagal wanting to step in with all these big guns. He's bad mouthed a few of them over the years. I don't think Stallone entirely wrote off the possibility of Van Damme coming back as a twin (but may have been joking). I would assume that this is Seagal's decision, especially given what Sly says. Fair enough though.

What I'd like to see Seagal do next is get Under Siege 3 off the ground. I don't know what he's holding out for. If he wants someone to make it for 50 mill and release it theatrically, that aint gonna happen. If he's setting high standards on the script he wants, then why can't he set those standards in his other films?

He should do it. No one particularly watches his "movies" much now, especially in territories where they release True Justice as stand alone movies. An Under Siege would get a great deal of interest and sell a lot of copies. It could be high end DTV like Death Race 2-3 or Universal Soldier 3-4. In fact the Unisol films both had limited theatrical runs. But I'd love to see another Ryback film. They just need a half decent director. Not Keoni Waxman again. If they could possibly get Roel Reine, or someone like Jesse Johnson attached, that would be awesome. This is where the movie biz is at right now. There's a lot of sequels flying around. Seagal needs to get in on it. They don't have to be massively ambitious. They just need a simple idea and do it well.
 
#4
I'm glad that Seagal continues to stand apart from the Expendables franchise. It probably would have been cool to see him in E3, but give me Steven in a starring role rather than a supporting part any day, regardless of the budgetary difference.
 

DiDa

Super Moderator
Staff member
#5
Guys open your eyes!! Steven Seagal's career is now definitely over! This was his last change! All the other action stars are back on track. Schwarzenegegr and Stallone are working hard and are back in cinemas. Even the dtv stars as Dolph Lundgren, Van Damme, Scott Adkins are making good movies again and are getting more and more respect from reviews! The only one who is staying behind is Steven...and....this was his last change to prove he still has it!! He is getting older too!

We have to be fair! There also won't be an Under Siege 3...We have to realise outselves that nothing will change. Steven will stay in the dtv movie business! And there is nothing we could do about that. It's hard but honest: It's his own fault and I find it not respectfull to his fans!
 

supertom

Disgruntled fan!
#6
What's strange with Seagal is he seems happy to carry on with his TV career, but he's kind of disappeared well off the map now. Few people know he's on TV as it's not out to a wide audience. Dolph's just signed on for a TV show, and from the sounds of it, it's going to hit a wider audience. It should be shown on one of the major cable channels which according to whispers is what they're aiming for, Fox level or similar. I mean Reelz is kind of niche (incidentally Lundgren is hosting a reality action based show on Reelz as well.) but it's not a massive audience.
But even his DTV movie output has slowed down. That wouldn't matter so much if the odd ones he brought out were better than his usual 4-5 years ago when he bought out 2-3 movies a year minimum, but they're not. There's little ambition always working with the same people and directors all the time. I'm fed up of watching his Waxman films, especially if you look at what Roel Reine has done with two well made sequels to Death Race. Pistol Whipped is still the best film Seagal's headlined in the last 10 years, easily.
Maybe Steven is kind of winding down now. He's probably achieved all he wanted career wise with film. I just don't see where the ambition is. True Justice and Lawman have both kind of overstayed their welcome. Certainly TJ has, which lacks the interest and hook of Lawman.
 

Mason

Well-Known Member
#9
Guys open your eyes!! Steven Seagal's career is now definitely over! This was his last change! All the other action stars are back on track. Schwarzenegegr and Stallone are working hard and are back in cinemas. Even the dtv stars as Dolph Lundgren, Van Damme, Scott Adkins are making good movies again and are getting more and more respect from reviews! The only one who is staying behind is Steven...and....this was his last change to prove he still has it!! He is getting older too!

We have to be fair! There also won't be an Under Siege 3...We have to realise outselves that nothing will change. Steven will stay in the dtv movie business! And there is nothing we could do about that. It's hard but honest: It's his own fault and I find it not respectfull to his fans!
I couldn't have said it better myself .. After Force Of Execution that might be ir for me unless it really surprises me which I truly doubt, since it's a Waxman movie.

Seagal has completely lost his mind and he is over and done with. He dosent make movies for his fans anymore, he hasent for a long time. He is making movies for himself, what he wants to make and what he thinks is great, he dosent listen to his fans at all and hasent for years. All he thinking is Me Me Me and I want this and that, when he should be thinking My Fans My Fans My Fansand My fans want this and that, they are the reason I'm are still here. But those lines dosent exist in Seagal's vacabulary at all.
Lets face it, Seagal is on his way out and I'm glad he is with the way he is treating his fans.
I second that. He has been getting away with it for to long, and those Waxman produced films, jeez. When I saw Maximum Conviction the seconfd time I totaly changed my mind about it, now I cant stand it.

I'm slowly starting to let go of Seagal and it suits me perfectly.
 

JoshStern

Active Member
#10
I couldn't have said it better myself .. After Force Of Execution that might be ir for me unless it really surprises me which I truly doubt, since it's a Waxman movie.



I second that. He has been getting away with it for to long, and those Waxman produced films, jeez. When I saw Maximum Conviction the seconfd time I totaly changed my mind about it, now I cant stand it.

I'm slowly starting to let go of Seagal and it suits me perfectly.
Yes me to. He has been milking us for money for years and havent listen to a word we said about what we like to see in his films. And now with this announcement he might as well just retire. I'm not gonna spend one more dime supporting Seagal when he fucks us over like that!
 

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
#11
I wasn't expecting him to appear in it anyway, but it would have been a nice surprise if he was.

I have said all along for the past 10 years that they should save the budget for all there DTV releases and put their time and effort into one decent movie every year. We know this won't happen though as they are still looking at their profits. Only way to make them change is to stop buying all the crap releases we have had to put up with!!
 

Mason

Well-Known Member
#12
I wasn't expecting him to appear in it anyway, but it would have been a nice surprise if he was.

I have said all along for the past 10 years that they should save the budget for all there DTV releases and put their time and effort into one decent movie every year. We know this won't happen though as they are still looking at their profits. Only way to make them change is to stop buying all the crap releases we have had to put up with!!
I'v been thinking the exact same thing. Unfortunatly I dont think every single fan would stop buying his DTV movies becouse some people actualy put up with it, but most of us dont.
Craig, we should try and work something out, and get a message straight to Seagal about what we really feel. If it dosnt help we can always boycut him, thats what I'm planning to do untill he starts getting back into shape and making ONLY Cinema movies again.
 

Kotegashi

Master Of Disaster
Staff member
#13
I wasn't expecting him to appear in it anyway, but it would have been a nice surprise if he was.

I have said all along for the past 10 years that they should save the budget for all there DTV releases and put their time and effort into one decent movie every year. We know this won't happen though as they are still looking at their profits. Only way to make them change is to stop buying all the crap releases we have had to put up with!!
I'm not buying anymore. Too much disapointments these last few years. I sometimes get surprised with a dvd as a gift.
 

DiDa

Super Moderator
Staff member
#14
The problem for me is also that his last movies and the True Justice series are all looking the same. By that I mean the same director, the same crew, the same cinematography. It's all Voltage Pictures. I am not saying that the movies are not looking good, they are, but I think it's time for something refreshing. Maybe another production company, another director and another crew which leads to new visions. Lundgren and Van Damme are also doing very different things (different characters) with very different directors. That keeps them fresh!
 
#17
Am sure Steven is glad he wasn't in The Expendables 3.

Aside from Sly, Arnie, Mel, Wesley and Antonio, the entire film sucked.

The "next generation" of Expendables youngsters that nobody cared about were just awful. I was genuinely hoping Mel's character would kill them when they were kidnapped but unfortunately he didn't.