• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Bible Thread

Jules

Potters Clay
#24
THE 7-UPS OF LIFE

Wake Up- Decide to have a good day! Psalms 118:24
Dress Up- Put a smile on your face! 1 Samuel 16:7
Shut Up-Say nice things and learn to listen! Proverbs 13:3, 20:19, 19:20
Stand Up-Take a stand for what you believe in! Galations 6:9,10
Look Up-Jesus is coming soon! II Peter 3:12
Reach Up-Keep pressing upward! Phillipians 3:14
Lift Up- Pray about everything! Phillipians 4:6
 
#26
ps. that reminds me of suttin i learnt!

to get closer to God, change your friends
to change your friends change your environment
to change your environment spend more time with God
or something like that!
 
#27
Thank you for the opportunity to present to you the Living God who reigns in the Heavens. He was born, lived and died so that he would be offered as the replacement sacrifice for us, and for our sins. That we may live with him eternally in bliss. This is the ULTIMATE sacrifice of LOVE. Your God dying for you that you may believe in him and live.

His Name is Jesus Christ and although he is invisible to your human eyes, his birth life death and resurrection from death is all foretold thousands of years in prophecies of the old testament. The Christian bible is broken up into Old testament (Prior to Jesus) and New Testament (Post Jesus). The many prophecies are CHILLING to the detail, even describing the town of his birth, the way of his death, detailing his crucifixion and hundreds more prophecies fullfilled by Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew) See this site for the prophecies on Jesus: http://www.yeshua-ha-mashiach.org.il/Prophecies%20of%20Mashiach.html

How biblical history reaches its climax in the Suffering (Passion), Death and Resurrection of Jesus the Christ
The passion of Jesus the Christ is a focal point of the bible. The first three quarters of the Christian bible is the full bible of ancient Israel, usually called the Old Testament. These Holy Writings, written in Hebrew and Aramaic over a thousand-year span, number thirty nine books in most English translations (though often rearranged into twenty four books in Hebrew Bibles and Jewish Translations.

The Hebrew text begins with a description of creation in the book of Genesis. Although human beings were created without flaw in the paradise of the Garden of Eden, they soon rebelled against God and were cursed to live in separation from their creator, bound by sin and doomed to death. But from the time of the first couple – Adam and Eve – God provided a way to atone for human sin: animals could be sacrificed to die in their place.

By the end of Genesis, human history had focused on Abraham and his descendants through Isaac and Jacob (also known as Israel), residing in the land of Egypt. In the second book of the bible, Exodus, the Israelites had become slaves of Egypt. In the great events of the Exodus culminating in the Passover, the Lord God wrestled his people from that most powerful nation on earth and bound himself by covenant to be their God and bless their obedience, while cursing their disobedience. The second half of Exodus and the books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy detail the laws that governed this convental relationship (The old covenant or testament)

Next is the book of Joshua, which describes the conquest of the land of Canaan, the land promised to Abraham for his descendants. The book of Judges narrates Israel’s failure to obey the Lord consistently in the Promised Land, while showing the lords continued faithfulness to save his people from the results of their sin.

The books of Ruth and Samuel address the transition from the era of the judges to the centralized monarchy under the first kings of Israel: Saul and David. The books of Kings continue this narrative with the reign of Solomon and the shattering of a united nation into the kingdoms of Israel to the north and Judah to the south. By the end of Kings, both Israel and Judah had been exiled from their land to captivity in the Mesopotamian nations Assyria and Babylon. This history is retold in the books of Chronicles.

Following the Persian conquest of Babylon, the Israelites were allowed to return to the Promised Land, as described in Ezra and Nehemiah. Paralleling these books of history, the prophets of Israel preached to the nation to return to the Lord and maintain their part of the covenant, as God had always maintained his part. But even before the exile, the prophets began to speak of a new covenant, better than the old, one that would be established and maintained by God, unbreakable because of his faithfulness and the great changes he would make in the hearts and spirits of those who committed themselves to him in faith and trust.

The portion of the bible what relates to the new covenant is the New Testament; its books describe Jesus and his establishment of a new community of faith: the Church. Jesus is God himself, born fully human and fully divine to deal with sin and death once and for all. A descendant of Eve, Jesus is the Son of Man come to save all of humankind. A descendant of King David, Jesus comes to redeem the covenant nation Israel. The one and only Son of God, Jesus comes to offer his own life as the infinitely valuable sacrifice for sin, who can destroy sin and death, provide salvation to all who believe in him and restore all creation to its original flawless state.

The four Gospels (the books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) narrate the life and teachings of Jesus. They tell the same story, but each offers unique details and insights. All lead up to and climax in the passion (suffering) of the Christ. Based on the Latin word, passion, to suffer, the passion of the Christ involves all that he suffered as a human being, but especially the events of the last day of his human existence leading up to his crucifixion and death.; the last supper, where the new covenant was established; his betrayal and arrest in Gethsemane; his trials before the Jewish leadership and the Roman governor Pilate; his scourging and torture by the Roman soldiers; his crucifixion and death.

But the story does not end there. Three days after his death and burial Jesus was raised form the dead, appeared to his disciples – as many as 500- and ascended to heaven to rule his church invisible until the time when he will return to finally destroy sin and death and the powers of darkness and will establish the new heavens and the new earth in which only righteousness exists.

Following the Gospels, the book of Acts describes the establishment of the early Church and the ministries of many followers of Jesus, especially the apostle Peter, who was a disciple of Jesus from the beginning of his ministry, and the apostle Paul, who was called by the resurrected Jesus into his service.

Because the passion of the Christ establishes the new covenant through his substitutionary death in place of us, destroys the power of sin and death and provides for the restoration of the perfect creation, is the focal point of the New Testament.

I hope that this overview of the Christian Bible and the words of our Lord Jesus Christ will enter your soul and call you into his waiting arms.


Proof of the Lord Jesus was an apparition of his most Holy Mother appearing in our home presenting a tablet with the Lord's image on it, as a blessing within our home. This was after 4 dreams of the Holy Virgin Mary with the last one telling me " I want to go to the right side (of the house)"...

Believe in Lord Jesus and renounce all the Devil's idolatries that exist in the world today.

In Christs service,
Aeginos
http://jesusfilm.org
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#28
Aeginos...I really like your post. Thank you so much.

Psalms 34: 1-4

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He delivered me from all my fears."
 
#29
The bible is a mere book.....part history, part fantasy. It is written by many different people (NOT by "god" or Jesus.) There are a BUNCH of mis-translations. The #1 mis-translation that comes to mind is: Jesus NEVER said, "I am the Son of God." This is a HUGE mis-translation. In his language, Aramaic, he said (and the CORRECT translation): "I am the son of man." This brings on a whole other connotation and understanding of what and who Jesus is/was. We Buddhist's believe that Jesus was just the Buddha appearing in yet another form. The bible leaves out a HUGE chunk of the life of Jesus......from the age of 10 years old until the age of 32. There is NOTHING in the bible about these "lost years."..........BUT, it IS in the Buddhist texts and scriptures as well as the Hindu texts and scriptures. It tells of his travels into India, Nepal and getting teachings from the great Buddhist masters of the time.

Peace!
 
#30
There are those who used their own interpretations of Bible stories etc to get power over people, not with love, but with fear. I was brought up in the Christian religion, and then abandoned it after experiencing the pomposity and hypocrisy of its priests etc. That does not make me evil. I still treat people with I hope, kindness and caring. I get really tired of being "bible bashed". I've read the scriptures, sung the hymns and psalms etc. I've also read many books on other religions. The majority have their own way of saying - Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself.
In love and peace,
 

Wayne

New Member
#31
In the life and teachings of the masters in the far east the masters accept that Buddha represents the Way to Enlightenment, but they clearly set forth that Christ IS Enlightenment, or a state of consciousness for which we are all seeking the Christ light of every individual therefore the light of every child that is born into the world. The teachings of Christ was found in many country India, Tibet, China and persia only because he Traveled to meet Teachers who spoke about the 'Oneness' within. Jesus was a man that came 2000 years ago to show that there are no limitation to the human condition other than thoese that are self impose, he showed that by learning to be innocent and live in complete surrender it was possible to manifest God in human form. The Christ or the Buddha Within that is the life force the divinity that is present in all of humanity.

Jesus ascribed the credit of His mighty works by claiming that it was not Him but the 'Father in Him'. One must find the source within one's own Self.
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#32
Wayne said:
In the life and teachings of the masters in the far east the masters accept that Buddha represents the Way to Enlightenment, but they clearly set forth that Christ IS Enlightenment...
If one makes a distinction between the method and the fruition one falls into duality. It's like making a distinction between the thought and the thinker.
 

Wayne

New Member
#33
thought

Jalu said:
It's like making a distinction between the thought and the thinker.
Depends on your point of reference.The intellect perceives it as a thought in the beginning and the ego aligns thoughts into a thought to project perpetual consciousness and even union.
One who experiences the Self in the beginning often projects the experience as a thought and in that projection believes the thought is the Self holding the changing thought as the unchanging One, rather than fully surrendering each and every thought back to the Source.

Wayne
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#34
I understand that perfectly... however I am addressing the fact that you make a distinction between Buddha as the way to enlightenment/ method, and Jesus as enlightenment itself/fruition . What you are saying here is that Jesus is superior to Buddha. If that is what you believe, then why do you talk about non-duality as if you have mastered it? If there is the slightest distinction between them (as far as elightenment goes) then you are caught up in duality. In other words you are contradicting yourself.

Wayne said:
Depends on your point of reference.The intellect perceives it as a thought in the beginning and the ego aligns thoughts into a thought to project perpetual consciousness and even union.
One who experiences the Self in the beginning often projects the experience as a thought and in that projection believes the thought is the Self holding the changing thought as the unchanging One, rather than fully surrendering each and every thought back to the Source.

Wayne
 

Wayne

New Member
#35
One

Jalu said:
I understand that perfectly... however I am addressing the fact that you make a distinction between Buddha as the way to enlightenment/ method, and Jesus as enlightenment itself/fruition . What you are saying here is that Jesus is superior to Buddha. If that is what you believe, then why do you talk about non-duality as if you have mastered it? If there is the slightest distinction between them (as far as elightenment goes) then you are caught up in duality. In other words you are contradicting yourself.
The difference is in the way they brought the spirit into the planet. Buddha didn't walk around performing miracles or teaching the people about unconditional Love or teaching the principles of preparing the body for the spirit to enter. he spoke of the reality of oneness where Jesus came and by example showed himself as the way to oneness. The distinction is subtle and is only divided by those who wish to identify with their religion.

Religions follow very limited identifications of perception and always put God on the outside as separate from our being and our purpose. Jesus came afer a prophesy oromising liberation. Buddha was the example of self discipline and the desire to know what was real. They both played a part that expanded the overall picture so that those who are ready now can see that they were part and parcel to the package of self discipline, desire and fullfillment.
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#36
Wayne,

I think you forget you are speaking to a Vajrayana/Dzogchen practitioner.
I am not trying to give you a hard time, but you are mistaken. There are lots of things I can clarify for you, but I'd only do that privately. Where do you think Jesus got the concept of Ahimsa from? Where do you think the concept of the absolute found in the Upanishads (some composed at the time of the Buddha and others after his parinirvana) came from? What do you think a Bodhisattva is?

I don't consider myself a religious person, nor do I see Buddhadharma as a religion (some do and if you do that's ok too).
Buddhadharma is like a raft that one uses to get to the other side. Once there it is no longer needed.


Wayne said:
The difference is in the way they brought the spirit into the planet. Buddha didn't walk around performing miracles or teaching the people about unconditional Love or teaching the principles of preparing the body for the spirit to enter. he spoke of the reality of oneness where Jesus came and by example showed himself as the way to oneness. The distinction is subtle and is only divided by those who wish to identify with their religion.

Religions follow very limited identifications of perception and always put God on the outside as separate from our being and our purpose. Jesus came afer a prophesy oromising liberation. Buddha was the example of self discipline and the desire to know what was real. They both played a part that expanded the overall picture so that those who are ready now can see that they were part and parcel to the package of self discipline, desire and fullfillment.
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#37
BTW...Wayne, this is the bible thread. Let's not spoil it for them. If you want to continue the conversation you can PM me. I don't want to upset anyone by changing the topic.
 

Wayne

New Member
#38
Oneness

Jalu said:
Wayne,

I think you forget you are speaking to a Vajrayana/Dzogchen practitioner.
I am not trying to give you a hard time, but you are mistaken. There are lots of things I can clarify for you, but I'd only do that privately. Where do you think Jesus got the concept of Ahimsa from? Where do you think the concept of the absolute found in the Upanishads (some composed at the time of the Buddha and others after his parinirvana) came from? What do you think a Bodhisattva is?

I don't consider myself a religious person, nor do I see Buddhadharma as a religion (some do and if you do that's ok too).
Buddhadharma is like a raft that one uses to get to the other side. Once there it is no longer needed.

It may seem that we might be on a different path but I will meet you "there". There are Five novitiate that the Ishaya/Ascension teaches they are:

brahmacharya - Self Restrain
Aparigraha - non-grasping
ahimsa - non violence
satya - non stealing
asteya - Truthfulness

I see a similarity of the question you posted to what I am learning also Buddhadharma is like a raft to you would mean the same as the Ascension Attitude that I use to get there and once there we drop it. The goal is the Absolute.

-Wayne
 

Jalu

Steve's Destiny
#39
Yes, very similar...
http://www.steven-seagal.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4514

Wayne said:
It may seem that we might be on a different path but I will meet you "there". There are Five novitiate that the Ishaya/Ascension teaches they are:

brahmacharya - Self Restrain
Aparigraha - non-grasping
ahimsa - non violence
satya - non stealing
asteya - Truthfulness

I see a similarity of the question you posted to what I am learning also Buddhadharma is like a raft to you would mean the same as the Ascension Attitude that I use to get there and once there we drop it. The goal is the Absolute.

-Wayne
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#40
Rinpoche,

I know my Savior lives. He walks with me, talks with me(through is word the bible), comforts me, guides me, and strenghtens me in my daily walk through life. He is my best friend, and His name is Jesus Christ.

It doesn't matter how many people come to this forum and try to say that God is not real, Jesus is Not Gods Son, the bible has errors and misinterpretations. People have been trying for centuries to deny Gods existence, Jesus' diety, trinity, and the bibles authenticity. They can stand on their soap box and deny it all, but it does not make it a fact. Men have set out to "prove" God doesn't exist and the bible to be inaccurate and have failed. Writer Lee Strobel "used" to be an athiest until he set out to "prove it."
I will not stand here and judge, condemn, and attempt to discredit a particular faith. That would be rude and insensitive. God is my judge. I do share my faith when I feel compelled as everyone else does here. As long as this is an OPEN forum, beliefs and opinions will many times differ. This earth is not the way God had wanted it because of Adam end Eves choices. We all choose the path we will follow. I choose to follow my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

As a Christian I am getting ready to celebrate Christmas where Jesus sent His Son to earth, to attone for us. In the spring we remember easter where Jesus died on the cross for our sins and then arose after three days and left His tomb empty. I know my redeemer lives. (1Timothy 2:5, Luke 24:39-49, John 20: 25-28)

With love and respect,
Jules

"...choose this day whom you will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."~Joshua 24:15