• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Urban Justice (Renegade Justice) Reviews

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
#3
Quick Review

Plot:
Straight forward. Father seeks revenge for his son's murder. Easy to follow the plot too.

Dubbing:
Nil. All original voice in this one. :) Still has a hint of the weird accent at times that he used during his music tour. Lots of swearing too.

Stunt double:
Not visible at all.

Action:
Reasonable car chase. Fight sequences probably best since Exit Wounds. Quite a few too. They are well shot too. Not like some of the movies where they are sped up or shot too close so you couldn't see what is happening.

Co-Stars:
Did a reasonable job. Did not know most of them except Danny Trejo (who was in it for about 2 minutes!) Always thought he was a tall guy too, but Seagal towered over him.

Weirdness:
Some stupid gangsters though in this movie. During shootouts they run into a hallway filled with bodies and then get shot straight away. Extremely stupid.

Also noticed the car brake light is out near the start of the movie. Then is working again until the chase when it gets shot out. :)

Overall:
In my opinion this is a return to form. Easily better than Black Dawn, Attack Force, etc.
 

Kotegashi

Master Of Disaster
Staff member
#6
My review:

One word: COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely the best he has made in many years. On this tight budget a very good Seagal movie.

Lot's of action and fights and it's all Seagal. Camera work is good, editing good, acting very decent.

Don E. Fauntleroy has been telling the truth about Seagal putting in an effort and that it would be his best movie of the last years. In my (humble) opinion this could have made theatres easily.

I'll be starting work on a trailer in the next day or so.

Peace
 

Kotegashi

Master Of Disaster
Staff member
#9
Don't forget, that although we have a preview version, most of us always buy the original dvd when it's released.

Peace
 

KROM

Active Member
#10
Lol, dam..i was late, i was busy but i've seen it first:)

The movie is a step forward but it's definetly not a big one.
Let's not spoil anyoane, hope this movie will sell good but with that insulting cover...

I have an idea, look at Dolph and maybe Steven should start directing his own movies ;)
 
#12
Thanks for the reviews Craig and all, it really sounds great!
It's going to be a long couple of months till it comes out over here!
Thanks again for giving us something to look forward to!
Kevin
 
#13
It`s so late and i`m so tired, but i had a good reason for staying up late. Urban Justice. Without doubt, the best Steven Seagal film in years. My only criticism, and it`s only a small one, is the amount of bad language in it. It really isn`t needed, and it doesn`t add to the drama of the film.
The film itself though is all Seagal from start to finish and he`s on absolute top form here. I have waited so long for him to return to this kind of form and i cannot believe that the wait is over. But over it is. I can hardly wait for all of you to see it to see what you think.
The character he plays is cold, hard and deadly and he doesn`t try to hide it. He openly admits that his only motivation is revenge, regardless of who he has to kill or beat up to get it. This is where our fun begins......
Special mention must go to Don E Fauntleroy who, along with the rest of the crew, have made such a big effort to bring Seagal back to how his fans love to see him.
I may add some more after i`ve had some sleep and seen it again, but for now, i am over the moon with this film. Make no mistake people. Steven Seagal is back. Big time!

Love to all, from a very happy
Dragonking.
 

Martin01

Well-Known Member
Staff member
#14
F**** I also want to download this but every time it's stopping by 4,2 % F***!!! I'm going to be crazy!!!

Can anyone help me.
 
#15
Craig Robertson;178419 said:
Plot:
Straight forward. Father seeks revenge for his son's murder. Easy to follow the plot too.

Dubbing:
Nil. All original voice in this one. :) Still has a hint of the weird accent at times that he used during his music tour. Lots of swearing too.

Stunt double:
Not visible at all.

Action:
Reasonable car chase. Fight sequences probably best since Exit Wounds. Quite a few too. They are well shot too. Not like some of the movies where they are sped up or shot too close so you couldn't see what is happening.

Co-Stars:
Did a reasonable job. Did not know most of them except Danny Trejo (who was in it for about 2 minutes!) Always thought he was a tall guy too, but Seagal towered over him.

Weirdness:
Some stupid gangsters though in this movie. During shootouts they run into a hallway filled with bodies and then get shot straight away. Extremely stupid.

Also noticed the car brake light is out near the start of the movie. Then is working again until the chase when it gets shot out. :)

Overall:
In my opinion this is a return to form. Easily better than Black Dawn, Attack Force, etc.

Thanks Craig maybe that car is an STUNT car ...i guess even cars can have DOUBLES am i having an dig nooooo...it sounds like its worth an look when and if it comes to Australia i will get it...god even i would have thought of an better idea then that gangster scene ...
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#16
my review

film 4/5

easily seagals best since belly of the beast and a plot thats easy to follow at last


acting 3/5
thats for the whole film not seagal..i thought seagal was as good in this film as hes been since exit wounds but some of the support cast were poor and the constant swearing is tiresome at times and eve seagal who went 10 years without swearing in a film says the f work about 20 times.i though the main bad guy was average and eddie griffin underused

action/fights 4/5
at last some good fights...about 5-6 i think(although some were shot with bad lighting)and all seagal and no stunt double.also a decent car chase and some good shot outs although fauntleroys constant use of slo-mo during shoot outs became a bit tiresome at the end.

direction 4/5
i have to don has shown with MFJ and this that if seagal is to make stv films then he would do well to stay with him.he directs with a small budget a good old fashioned action film.

cgi/effects 2/5

the effects are limited but are not needed for this film....also the cgi is only used when seagal is in the car driving
 
#17
First Words:
SO here we are. Urban Justice. Even if i think the action isn't enough spectacular for theatres, and the story is kinda boring sometimes,
this is by far the best Seagal flick since Exit Wounds.


Story:
Ok, thank god the Story is straight as ****. There are no ****ed up subplots or something like that. Altough the story is kinda boring
sometimes because i think half of the movie is just black gangsters saying **** and shooting each other, but i can live with that
because im so happy that this is not a weird story like we had in the past enough...But sometimes it goes a bit on my nerves when every
single word is ****, but it was OK. A bit more Seagal Scenes and a bit less
Gangster-Talking and i would give it a 5.

4/5

Action:
Ok, so lets come to the Action without fights first. There is a car chase that i thought it was OK. But not more than that. They again
did not really let Seagal and the Gangsters drive during the car chase, so we see again that they had a bluescreen by the windows. But
it was made well, so it isn't that bad. The car chase ends with a really nice crash, cool stuff. On the other side there are shootouts.
Quite a lot. I think the bodycount in the whole movie is between 30 and 40. There are several pretty nice shootouts, some with Gangsters
only and 2-3 with Seagal. And hell are they bloody. I mean, we always had bloody bullet impacts, but in this movie its crazy man.
Fountains of blood going out trough bullet impacts. If you saw Planet Terror, you can think of how the shootouts look like...
All shootouts are pretty standard stuff, nothing that rocks your socks off, but also nothing that looks cheap. Good, decent stuff, and
more blood than you can imagine :) Also i think the amount of action rocks. There is a lot of action, so its pretty decent overall.

5/5

Fights:
Now my most important part. And i can tell you, they really, really saw what the fans would wanna see. There are i think about
5-6 fight scenes with Seagal, 3-4 shorter and 2-3 longer, and i can tell you its good stuff. The whole filming during the fight
scenes is cool, so you can see mostly what happens. Unfortunately there is not much bone-breaking, but a lot of nice fightscenes.
Seagal kicks, punchs and throws guys through the area and it looks really cool. I also liked that in some scenes he has to take
care of 5 or 6 guys, i love that scenes. Even if it can always have more fights in a Seagal movie, i was totally happy with the
amount of fights and how they were made.

5/5

Dubbing:
I did't notice any dubbing.

5/5

Stunt Doubles:
I think they use some stunt doubles in the fight scenes but actually you can't see them. Always when you see the "whole" seagal its actually him,
i think they used some stunt doubles in some close-ups, but you can't see them. Good stuff.

5/5

Acting:
The acting is pretty nice. Steven is cool and funny as always, and the other actors have all the same role: Bad black gangsters
that uses always the word **** in every single line. So no oscar material, but pretty decent as always. Unfortunately Danny Trejo
has always a pretty short cameo.

4/5

Humor:
Oh yes. Good stuff. Every dialogue between the gangsters is funny, because they always talk funny ****, Eddie Griffin is funny as hell
as badass black gangster... Steven has also some pretty decent one-liners. Overall the film has enough funny dialogues for everyone.
Cool stuff.

4/5

CGI_Effects:
As mentioned in the car scenes... It looks not good, but also not horrible.

2/5


Cinematography:
Nothing special, but overall pretty decent. Only some slow-mo effects i thought looked very cheap...

4/5

Music:
Wow. Great stuff. In all emotional scenes there is a great orchestral soundtrack, really, really professional. The action parts and
chase scenes have an orchestral soundtrack with a lot of drums and no real melody, but it was ok. Overall a pretty good soundtrack.


4/5

Overall Rating:
So its not as good as Exit Wounds. The story is quite boring sometimes when there are endless black-gangster-dialogues, but its at least
entertaining. The action is pretty decent. Its nothing spectacular though, no big explosions or awesome action scenes, so i think
its not enough for theatres, but for a DTV its pretty decent, and for a Seagal Fan its ****ing awesome!

Ill give it 4/5

For a Seagal flick compared to the last ones: 394/5
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#18
hofmae;178443 said:
First Words:
SO here we are. Urban Justice. Even if i think the action isn't enough spectacular for theatres, and the story is kinda boring sometimes,
this is by far the best Seagal flick since Exit Wounds.


Story:
Ok, thank god the Story is straight as ****. There are no ****ed up subplots or something like that. Altough the story is kinda boring
sometimes because i think half of the movie is just black gangsters saying **** and shooting each other, but i can live with that
because im so happy that this is not a weird story like we had in the past enough...But sometimes it goes a bit on my nerves when every
single word is ****, but it was OK. A bit more Seagal Scenes and a bit less
Gangster-Talking and i would give it a 5.

4/5

Action:
Ok, so lets come to the Action without fights first. There is a car chase that i thought it was OK. But not more than that. They again
did not really let Seagal and the Gangsters drive during the car chase, so we see again that they had a bluescreen by the windows. But
it was made well, so it isn't that bad. The car chase ends with a really nice crash, cool stuff. On the other side there are shootouts.
Quite a lot. I think the bodycount in the whole movie is between 30 and 40. There are several pretty nice shootouts, some with Gangsters
only and 2-3 with Seagal. And hell are they bloody. I mean, we always had bloody bullet impacts, but in this movie its crazy man.
Fountains of blood going out trough bullet impacts. If you saw Planet Terror, you can think of how the shootouts look like...
All shootouts are pretty standard stuff, nothing that rocks your socks off, but also nothing that looks cheap. Good, decent stuff, and
more blood than you can imagine :) Also i think the amount of action rocks. There is a lot of action, so its pretty decent overall.

5/5

Fights:
Now my most important part. And i can tell you, they really, really saw what the fans would wanna see. There are i think about
5-6 fight scenes with Seagal, 3-4 shorter and 2-3 longer, and i can tell you its good stuff. The whole filming during the fight
scenes is cool, so you can see mostly what happens. Unfortunately there is not much bone-breaking, but a lot of nice fightscenes.
Seagal kicks, punchs and throws guys through the area and it looks really cool. I also liked that in some scenes he has to take
care of 5 or 6 guys, i love that scenes. Even if it can always have more fights in a Seagal movie, i was totally happy with the
amount of fights and how they were made.

5/5

Dubbing:
I did't notice any dubbing.

5/5

Stunt Doubles:
I think they use some stunt doubles in the fight scenes but actually you can't see them. Always when you see the "whole" seagal its actually him,
i think they used some stunt doubles in some close-ups, but you can't see them. Good stuff.

5/5

Acting:
The acting is pretty nice. Steven is cool and funny as always, and the other actors have all the same role: Bad black gangsters
that uses always the word **** in every single line. So no oscar material, but pretty decent as always. Unfortunately Danny Trejo
has always a pretty short cameo.

4/5

Humor:
Oh yes. Good stuff. Every dialogue between the gangsters is funny, because they always talk funny ****, Eddie Griffin is funny as hell
as badass black gangster... Steven has also some pretty decent one-liners. Overall the film has enough funny dialogues for everyone.
Cool stuff.

4/5

CGI_Effects:
As mentioned in the car scenes... It looks not good, but also not horrible.

2/5


Cinematography:
Nothing special, but overall pretty decent. Only some slow-mo effects i thought looked very cheap...

4/5

Music:
Wow. Great stuff. In all emotional scenes there is a great orchestral soundtrack, really, really professional. The action parts and
chase scenes have an orchestral soundtrack with a lot of drums and no real melody, but it was ok. Overall a pretty good soundtrack.


4/5

Overall Rating:
So its not as good as Exit Wounds. The story is quite boring sometimes when there are endless black-gangster-dialogues, but its at least
entertaining. The action is pretty decent. Its nothing spectacular though, no big explosions or awesome action scenes, so i think
its not enough for theatres, but for a DTV its pretty decent, and for a Seagal Fan its ****ing awesome!

Ill give it 4/5

For a Seagal flick compared to the last ones: 394/5
i agree with nearly everything you said.i think you have to take this as a dtv action film and not sit there saying(wheres this not as good as marked for death or out for justice)...i think for a dtv film and compared to snipes,van damme and other seagal dtv films this is easily one of the best.i agree the gangster talk was a bit boring and sounded a bit unrealistic...only eddie griffin sounded convincing when he was talking his dialogue.i also thought seagal swearing was not needed to the effect i mean swear 3-4 times but seagal swore constantly in this one and he sounded uncomfortable doing it.also i thought jade yorker was utter garbage and a really bad actor(he was playing the snitch)
 
#19
woohoo just came back from a friend of mine who has the movie and we watched it together.. its awesome.. after watching the first minutes it was clearly that this movie is different from his other recent dtv stuff. i dont want go into detail because hofmae give a good review.

(+) best seagal performance since exit wounds.. and his little ghetto buddy plays his role also very well
(+) seagal does his own fights.. maybe they use a double for the close ups were you only see his hands.
(+) seagal drives the car himself in some scenes..
(+) more fight scenes than normal
(+) the movie has a good look (good places)
(+) lots of blood and action in it
(+) seagal is very present on screen
(+) easy story to follow

(-) except the final battle the fights are too short and some use too much closeups
(-) some body doubles.. i count 6-7. (when he climbes over a small fence, when he gots shot during a gun fight, another scene during the gun fight, walking at the end of the movie etc.) but mostly seagal fans will notice this ;)
(-) small amount of stock footage
(-) the car chase (because of the bluebox) and that you really can see that seagal is not involved..
(-) the bluebox when seagal is driving
(-) danny trejo was only in it for 2mins, smalltalk with seagal..
(-) 40-50% nightshots :(

my rate 9/10 for a dtv release

i think this movie is a message from seagal to his fans and studios :) he maybe is older but he still kickass :D

i like the music at the end.. i hope its on the dvd as a extra :)
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#20
bellyofb;178451 said:
woohoo just came back from a friend of mine who has the movie and we watched it together.. its awesome.. after watching the first minutes it was clearly that this movie is different from his other recent dtv stuff. i dont want go into detail because hofmae give a good review.

(+) best seagal performance since exit wounds.. and his little ghetto buddy plays his role also very well
(+) seagal does his own fights.. maybe they use a double for the close ups were you only see his hands.
(+) seagal drives the car himself in some scenes..
(+) more fight scenes than normal
(+) the movie has a good look (good places)
(+) lots of blood and action in it
(+) seagal is very present on screen
(+) easy story to follow

(-) except the final battle the fights are too short and some use too much closeups
(-) some body doubles.. i count 6-7. (when he climbes over a small fence, when he gots shot during a gun fight, another scene during the gun fight, walking at the end of the movie etc.) but mostly seagal fans will notice this ;)
(-) small amount of stock footage
(-) the car chase (because of the bluebox) and that you really can see that seagal is not involved..
(-) the bluebox when seagal is driving
(-) danny trejo was only in it for 2mins, smalltalk with seagal..
(-) 40-50% nightshots :(

my rate 9/10 for a dtv release

i think this movie is a message from seagal to his fans and studios :) he maybe is older but he still kickass :D

i like the music at the end.. i hope its on the dvd as a extra :)
agree with most of that but 2 things i disagree with

the car chase when compared to car chases from recent seagal films was well done and i did not see any stock footage.i also think jade yorker(seagals gangsta friend was the worst actor i have seen for some time)