• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

God

koda

New Member
#1
"things Happen In The Right Time. Things Happen Exactly When They Must Happen.if God Brought This For You, He Will Bring Something Through This. Happy Moments Praise God . Hard Moments Look For God. Silent Moments Love God. Painful Moments Trust God.
Each Moment Thank God."
 
#2
pleace NO

Is it neccessary, When i wanted someting to know about God i will go to a church. And don`t want to read it on the Steven Seagal site... :confused:
 

hofmae

New Member
#3
I think we can talk here about everything. ANd this is the OFF-TOPIC Board, so we can talk here about God too. And it isn't far from Steven Seagal, because he's a very religous Person (Buddhist).

But thats the off-topic board. If you only want to talk about Steven Seagal then you can check the other boards we have here :)
 

Fio

New Member
#5
koda said:
"things Happen In The Right Time. Things Happen Exactly When They Must Happen.if God Brought This For You, He Will Bring Something Through This. Happy Moments Praise God . Hard Moments Look For God. Silent Moments Love God. Painful Moments Trust God.
Each Moment Thank God."
Exactly Koda, thank you very much for this message :). I'm living that all the time and really know what you say, believe me ;)
 

Storm

Smile dammit!
#8
I've been in that black void where you are neither here nor there,as you hover 3 times but never saw Him or anything else! That said,i do believe in him.
 
#9
Buddhism is not a believe. it is a philosophy. That is some thing else...

We had an other discussion here about believe and thats is more worth while.

I am a believer... but i have people at my door, see them on tv... and hear them the radio. What is it whit GOD...He is not fair... I think when you give your live to Him you have not a nice live...every think is for HIM ...what about your family`s... thats more important then GOD.... Are you afraid to live for yourselfs. He can`t do anything for you. When you die on a car accident is it not HIS will. It is a stupid mistake of you or the other car driver.
All the thinks that happend in this world is ower own fault.

Connie
 

Storm

Smile dammit!
#10
Hi Connie! Nice to see you.You could say that yes,that a drunk driver was just an asshole and nothing influenced his driving:D
 
#11
I agree with you Connie. Budhism is a philosophy and follow budhism, cause it´s so important in my life, and i found answers in budhism too.
Of course we must live our own life by ourselves, everything that happen is because of us, but in fact wemust believe in GOD too, HE is our bigger power. Actually i live and do everything for my family and we are not afraid to live by ourselves, but things have to happen, it´s some kind of destiny and we must believe in that, if not, we can´t continue to live a intensive life. Everything has a propose.
Becauseof that we must believe in God and follow this fantastic budhism´s philosophy.
I´m sure i´m a chistian budhist. One complete eachother.
Just it.
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#12
God of the bible is like a parent to me

Connie said:
Buddhism is not a believe. it is a philosophy. That is some thing else...

We had an other discussion here about believe and thats is more worth while.

I am a believer... but i have people at my door, see them on tv... and hear them the radio. What is it whit GOD...He is not fair... I think when you give your live to Him you have not a nice live...every think is for HIM ...what about your family`s... thats more important then GOD.... Are you afraid to live for yourselfs. He can`t do anything for you. When you die on a car accident is it not HIS will. It is a stupid mistake of you or the other car driver.
All the thinks that happend in this world is ower own fault.

Connie
God is not fair? Gos is just and fair. When you ask your parents for something as a child and you didn't like the answer did you tell them they were not fair? As a parent I can look back and understand why my parents sometimes said no. God never promised life would be easy if we followed Him. He never promised there would never be trials in our lives. I believe trials come along by the way of "peoples choices." They might not be our choices but choices that effect people because of others actions. My husband and I are farmers. Shall I curse God because we are having a drought? The crops are dying? NO. Today I praised God for answering prayer with a "YES" today. He sent rain. My husband would have liked more rain....but we are thankful just the same. We trust in Jesus Christ.(Galations 2:20, and Mark8:34&35) Good and bad times help us to trust Him. The bible tells me to trust Him. Keep Him first. Put no other gods before Him. Example...money, idols, "things."

I personally strive to live my life for Jesus Christ. Is my life bad for it? No. Many verses give me comfort to read. ex. "For as we know Him better, He will give you, through His great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: He even shares His own glory and His own goodness with us!" 2Peter 1:3. Am I living like a king? Hardly! He promised to give us what we need not necessarily what we want.

Another thing I just happen to think of...In the bible Job was a man who loved God with ALL his heart. He had much wealth, a family etc. Satan told God that He believed Job would waffle and lose his faith if he had true hardship. God allowed Satan to test Job. Job lost his family, home, livestock, wealth....EVERYTHING! Despite it all Job never lost his faith. God blessed him for it. A family, home, livestock and wealth were increased to more than he had before.
I am not afraid to live for myself...but am reminded that:1John2:16.
God CAN do anything.....just pray...and trust. God is Omniscience,and Omnipresent.(Jerimiah17:10, Jer.23:24, Revelation2:23, Matt.18:20, 1Corinthians 2:11, Psalms 139:7)

If I die in a car accident tomorrow while doing errands.....It is my time to go...and either I or someone else was a bad driver!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D
 
#13
I do not know what I believe anymore!!
I don't think when bad things happen to you, you bring it upon yourself!!!
I think we all have a number and when your's comes up it's time to go!!
 
#14
I wish i could say my dutch thinks better in englisch.....
I don`t want to tell you that you don`t have to belive... but some thinks are explain by people that learn for it... When GOD is just a good man why don`t HE show Himself to us.....Why must we believe, that He is just like us. We never seen Him.
Why think when you are pray for rain and then He sent rain... The people in Afrcia pray every day for rain... do they get it??? No!!! not a drop. Why... don`t He love them? Are they not His children? Why the pope tell them to not use a condoom? To have more children. All of the children die before they are one year old... Is that the mening of God??? The pope is His disiple and tell us what to do. He give us the word of God. When those people use a condoom they don`t get HIV or Aids... and they live longer.
Why can`t people be homosexual? are they dirty??? No they are good people...why must they be sentence to not normal people... That are words of God and the pope...
Wow... I did never write a long text like this...
But I`ll hope you get my ponit...

i love all people and I am a nice girl and a good mother and a good wife... I don`t believe in this God.. But I`am going to heaven just like you believers...He has a room for me too.
I love you all very much....
See you soon.

Love Connie
 
#15
Connie you do fine in English, I understand what you are saying!
I have questions to that can not be answered! But hopefully if
there is a Heaven I will get a pass!
I think I am to a good person and mother!
Thank you for your thoughts!
 
#16
Buddha:

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.
 
#17
I asking myself sometimes, why bad things happen? Why must children die? Why we have big problems? But on the other side, this is our work, that we have this problems, not god has done this.

I believe very strong in God, and i'll do always what i can in my life to help people and to be a nice person. I hope God has a place for me in heaven!
 

Jules

Potters Clay
#18
The bible is my source of answers

Connie said:
I wish i could say my dutch thinks better in englisch.....
I don`t want to tell you that you don`t have to belive... but some thinks are explain by people that learn for it... When GOD is just a good man why don`t HE show Himself to us.....Why must we believe, that He is just like us. We never seen Him.
Why think when you are pray for rain and then He sent rain... The people in Afrcia pray every day for rain... do they get it??? No!!! not a drop. Why... don`t He love them? Are they not His children? Why the pope tell them to not use a condoom? To have more children. All of the children die before they are one year old... Is that the mening of God??? The pope is His disiple and tell us what to do. He give us the word of God. When those people use a condoom they don`t get HIV or Aids... and they live longer.
Why can`t people be homosexual? are they dirty??? No they are good people...why must they be sentence to not normal people... That are words of God and the pope...
Wow... I did never write a long text like this...
But I`ll hope you get my ponit...

i love all people and I am a nice girl and a good mother and a good wife... I don`t believe in this God.. But I`am going to heaven just like you believers...He has a room for me too.
I love you all very much....
See you soon.

Love Connie
Connie,
You ask so many good questions. I am not Jesus Christ, father of heaven and earth. The only place I know to look for the answers is in Gods word the bible. I don't know why God allows it to rain in one place and not another. I know it says in the bible the poor you will have with you always. I assume it is because of sin in the world, corrupt governments, etc. I don't know much about the pope.....
God "just" a man? The bible says is many places that God and Jesus are one.
Trinity: Genesis 1:26, Genisis 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, Matthew 3: 16&17, John 1:1, John 17:1,5,21, John 14:26, Acts 5:3&4.
Diety of Jesus Christ: Isaiah9:6, Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:2, Exodus 3:14, John 1:1, 8:58, 17:5, Hebrew 1:3, Colosians 2:9, Philippians 2:11, Revelations 1:8,17,18, and 1 John 2:23.

I don't understand how a person can say they don't believe in God but they believe in His home, Heaven. Isn't that like saying I don't believe in you because I never saw you...but I believe in your house and I plan on going to the Netherlands to live there? I believe you exist even though I have never seen you or talked to you in person.

Trust....

Assurance....John 3:16&17
 
#19
Jules said:
Connie,
You ask so many good questions. I am not Jesus Christ, father of heaven and earth. The only place I know to look for the answers is in Gods word the bible. I don't know why God allows it to rain in one place and not another. I know it says in the bible the poor you will have with you always. I assume it is because of sin in the world, corrupt governments, etc. I don't know much about the pope.....
God "just" a man? The bible says is many places that God and Jesus are one.
Trinity: Genesis 1:26, Genisis 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, Matthew 3: 16&17, John 1:1, John 17:1,5,21, John 14:26, Acts 5:3&4.
Diety of Jesus Christ: Isaiah9:6, Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:2, Exodus 3:14, John 1:1, 8:58, 17:5, Hebrew 1:3, Colosians 2:9, Philippians 2:11, Revelations 1:8,17,18, and 1 John 2:23.

I don't understand how a person can say they don't believe in God but they believe in His home, Heaven. Isn't that like saying I don't believe in you because I never saw you...but I believe in your house and I plan on going to the Netherlands to live there? I believe you exist even though I have never seen you or talked to you in person.

Trust....

Assurance....John 3:16&17
Wow very good post.... You're a very intelligent person!