• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Submerged - review

kat said:
Simmer down a little SeagalFan, your gonna blow a gasket! ;) :D
Btw, ANYWAY, how can you call yourself a fan of Steven Seagal?
I like him the way he is, he cannot look like Nico forever! :rolleyes:
Re-read what I said. I said the movie sucked, I never specifically mention Seagal in a negative way. Although I'll say it now and Seagal wasn't really impressive in that film anyway, but that's got nothing to do with the way he looks now the way he did in Nico, I just thought paticularly in Submerged, Seagal wasn't great. And do you just enjoy a movie just because Seagal is in it? Serious question, whether the movie is terrible, if Seagal's in it do you enjoy it...Would you enjoy "Ernest Goes To The Beach".....with Seagal as secondary character?
 

Clement3000

aka The Phoenix
seagalfan128 said:
Re-read what I said. I said the movie sucked, I never specifically mention Seagal in a negative way. Although I'll say it now and Seagal wasn't really impressive in that film anyway, but that's got nothing to do with the way he looks now the way he did in Nico, I just thought paticularly in Submerged, Seagal wasn't great. And do you just enjoy a movie just because Seagal is in it? Serious question, whether the movie is terrible, if Seagal's in it do you enjoy it...Would you enjoy "Ernest Goes To The Beach".....with Seagal as secondary character?
I think you are missing the point, we as fans are allowed to like whatever Seagal movie we want. You may think the movie is terrible, but that doesn't mean I FEEL THE SAME. Just because you think Submerged was terrible doesn't mean we have to have the same opinion. I like almost all of Seagal's movies, ones that I'm sure you would consider terrible, but adding Seagal to the cast defenitly increases my enjoyment.
 
suziwong said:
I can not say it is better than Under Siege nor Exit Wounds (those are amazing Steven Seagal's character movies but this is not) but it is very nice Action movie.. Also I can not say one of the best Steven Seagal movie but it's OK for me. I liked....

Plot: That's good and different...
picture, sounds,musics,lights: it is very good..

I didn't see any mistakes about visual effects..

I liked Vinnie Jones he was very cool..

STEVEN SEAGAL:

yes he is not very active but very very cool...

Seagal's voice: can be dubbed but not bad...

Seagal Stund Dubble:Actually I want to see him every scenes but in this movie stund dubble didn't disturb me too much.. its Ok !!

Steven Seagal costumes, make-up:
leather trenchcot and green shirt: he weared these in Out For A Kill..
Opera costume and red shirt really very good and I liked.. He was very handsome with opera costume.. [except again his hair :mad:]

Steven's fight scenes: yes two fight scenes but was excellent both of them.. may be you think its a few fight scenes but not important if you think totally in the movie.. He is not just an fighter he is an actor too..
I liked..
Driving BMV scenes.. yes I liked..he was very cool...

Finally:
Yes I can not say fantastic but really I liked. it is very good..
Especially if you think, OFAK, TF... it is really excellent..

I liked Submerged and Seagal's Chris Cody character..
and my point: 8/10 ... or.... 3.88/5 :D

...and now I can go to sleep..
You have a nice day/good night ...

suzi
Hey Suzi, glad to hear that you liked. I'm happy that at least a few people enjoyed it. But I have a question...Not to be an a$$hole about this but when you saidy you liked it and it was OK, how come you gave it 8/10? 8/10 is like a really good movie. Exit Wounds got a 8.1/10 on the 10 Scale rated by action critics...So are you saying that it was really good, or OK? It seems as if most people were disapointed, and some people enjoyed it.
 
Clement3000 said:
I think you are missing the point, we as fans are allowed to like whatever Seagal movie we want. You may think the movie is terrible, but that doesn't mean I FEEL THE SAME. Just because you think Submerged was terrible doesn't mean we have to have the same opinion. I like almost all of Seagal's movies, ones that I'm sure you would consider terrible, but adding Seagal to the cast defenitly increases my enjoyment.
In my first post I should of put in parenthases that I wasn't trying to start a debate but have a friendly discussion. I was in no way trying to make you think like me. If I were to read you my post, it would be in a calm tone and a smirk on my face, not a loud yelling voice with anger. I was just having friendly chat. I think you took it the wrong way. I am a Seagal fan just like you, I own all his movie and have spent plenty of money on memorabillia / apparel / DVDs. I have enjoyed every movie but Submerged. So there if that helps.
 

Clement3000

aka The Phoenix
seagalfan128 said:
In my first post I should of put in parenthases that I wasn't trying to start a debate but have a friendly discussion. I was in no way trying to make you think like me. If I were to read you my post, it would be in a calm tone and a smirk on my face, not a loud yelling voice with anger. I was just having friendly chat. I think you took it the wrong way. I am a Seagal fan just like you, I own all his movie and have spent plenty of money on memorabillia / apparel / DVDs. I have enjoyed every movie but Submerged. So there if that helps.
I think for one, you need to reread your own damn review first.
You have more wholes in your speach than Swiss Cheese.

seagalfan128 said:
And even when I thought people were crazy for liking Into the Sun, I swear, if anybody says that they enjoyed this movie even a little bit, I'm checking you into a mental institution.
Smart!!

seagalfan128 said:
I am really disapointed in this movie and Seagal, I mean he did nothing for me in this one. I feel like this movie is a waste of time and money. DO NOT BUY IT, whether you're curious or not, you're just going to end up very pissed and disapointed.
I guess you are right, you didn't try to make anyone think like you. Your review certainly seems to be constructive and not at all derogatory.
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
The Reviews don't seem too bad, thanks for the opinions guys

I might buy this used in a few months, if it gets cheap enough. However, I refuse to buy any more new Seagal movies until he starts putting forth effort so we the fans can see a dramatic increase. It took a lot of willpower to walk past the "Submerged" DVD's at Blockbuster last night, and not pick one up, but I managed to do it.

(On a lighter note, everyone will be happy to know that even if i wanted to check one out, I couldnt. All of the twenty copies that were on the shelf were completely checked out :D.)

Still, I enjoyed OOR, and I think "Submerged" sounds like a step in the right direction.
 

Nick

The Writer
“Btw, ANYWAY, how can you call yourself a fan of Steven Seagal?”

He is what some of us call a “Realistic Fan”. Just because it has Seagal in it doesn’t automatically make it a good film. This is called critiquing a movie. That’s what Reviews are made for. Wouldn’t it be just nice and cozy if we all agreed now? It would be a Utopia. But this is the real world and not a story book.
 
I have not yet finished watching Submerged, I will post my review probably tomorrow. Last night I was watching Submerged, I didn't like it so far, I actually fell asleep watching it so I have to finish it. :D
 
Clement3000 said:
I think for one, you need to reread your own damn review first.
You have more wholes in your speach than Swiss Cheese.

Smart!!


I guess you are right, you didn't try to make anyone think like you. Your review certainly seems to be constructive and not at all derogatory.
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
You probably live a life with no humor in it...It's okay, I feel bad for you.
 
Littledragon said:
I have not yet finished watching Submerged, I will post my review probably tomorrow. Last night I was watching Submerged, I didn't like it so far, I actually fell asleep watching it so I have to finish it. :D
LOL Littledragon. Same here, I fell asleep after the shootout that looked like the Red Coats vs. the Blue Coats, then woke up and finished it an hour later...What part are you at?
 
seagalfan128 said:
LOL Littledragon. Same here, I fell asleep after the shootout that looked like the Red Coats vs. the Blue Coats, then woke up and finished it an hour later...What part are you at?

Don't remember, I think a little passed Seagal rescuing those hostages, Gary Daniels, etc...
 

Nick

The Writer
Wow there he goes and deals with his problem like a mature grown man. No wait he went to the Ignore List. Instead of discussing the problem he hides behind a shield. That’s what little kids do. Some of you need to grow up. What you call “Seagal Bashing” I call an opinion. Is it a capital crime he dislikes his newer or newest film(s)? No. He is entitled to his opinion. I personally like his older films better. And you know why? Because they are better. Argue all you want I care less. Try with some rational thinking to convince someone otherwise. As far as him forcing his opinion on to others. We all do it. You think Suzi or Lotus just state their opinion? No they influence. We all do it at one point or another. If you can’t handle a simple discussion maybe this isn’t for you. Because on the world wide web this is what happens.
 
Amos Stevens said:
Well I finally found the movie at Kmart,so will post my review as soon as I see it

Meanwhile I see EVERYONE is getting along :)
Oh absolutley LOL...KMart? I didn't know they carried such a broad selection, I never could find any DTVs there.
 

Clement3000

aka The Phoenix
Nick said:
Wow there he goes and deals with his problem like a mature grown man. No wait he went to the Ignore List. Instead of discussing the problem he hides behind a shield. That’s what little kids do. Some of you need to grow up. What you call “Seagal Bashing” I call an opinion. Is it a capital crime he dislikes his newer or newest film(s)? No. He is entitled to his opinion. I personally like his older films better. And you know why? Because they are better. Argue all you want I care less. Try with some rational thinking to convince someone otherwise. As far as him forcing his opinion on to others. We all do it. You think Suzi or Lotus just state their opinion? No they influence. We all do it at one point or another. If you can’t handle a simple discussion maybe this isn’t for you. Because on the world wide web this is what happens.
I don't even think there is an ignore list, if there is I wouldn't even know how to use it. I wasn't being serious. But you know what, I understand people don't like all Seagal's movies, and that's fine! Some of us hear like to watch all Seagal's movies, and like them all for different reasons. I personally don't like being told that if I don't like a movie I should be put in a mental institution, joke or no joke, opinions are fine, but people need to remember this is still a fan site. I'm finished with this matter, I will go watch the movie, and post MY OPINION of it. Thanks
 
THEN WHY THIS WHOLE THING START! LOL. Submerged Reviews - a topic posted inside this fan site...I posted my review...you didn't like it...so tough. If you can take criticism - which isn't even directed towards you - then don't read my reviews.