• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Driven To Kill - Reviews

#61
Hi All,

Let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised with the film Ruslan.

I have been terribly disappointed with recent Seagal releases such as Against the Dark and Kill Switch. My brief comments on these films here demonstrate how unhappy I was with them.

This latest outing is a good flick, not just a good Seagal film. Yes, I agree with others about the tight filming of the fight scenes, but they were far superior to his latest outings. There was minimum use of a stunt double and they did have some real tension in them.

As for Seagal, he looked fitter than he has in a long time and clearly put energy into both the film and post production dubbing. Early scenes found me struggling to understand him, but this improved as the film progressed.

I enjoyed Ruslan very much and urge each of you to have a look.

Yes, it has its limitations, but is one of Seagal's best DTV pictures yet.

Kerouac
 
#62
Great seagal character

First of all: I liked a lot the movie...steven is always inspiring.

The darkness of his character is awesome, the tattoos, his atittude...cool.

The fights are good, despite the annoying way of filming them so close, the weird editing and the nervous movements of the camera in the most of fights.
However, if u watched the fights twice you could see his fantastic arms movements and amazing skills, ´though i must say that some fights from urban justice, pistol whipped or the hammer bones destruction of kill switch impressed me a little bit more than the ruslan ones.
Nevertheless, i said again the fights are cool and ruslan is really a dangerous and scary guy.

The russian accent is a necessary effort to the ruslan character, i think seagal tried to do his best and he achieved a decent goal.

I really appreciate that the stunts & stand-ins are lightly noticed or saw.

I think that jeff king, his director of photography or both of them are clearly the best with the lighting on the latest dtv seagal movies, as we could see in kill switch before.i love to watch seagal well lighted up.doesn´t you?

The music is poor, 'though the accordion pieces in some russian scenes are not bad....but doesn´t good either.

To this point i must say driven to kill, pistol whipped and urban justice are my favourite dtv seagal movies so far, and i rate all of them with 4 of 5 stars to being video releases.('though i think many of his dtv flics have any good moment, line or fight that a fan can enjoy)

without any doubt driven to kill is one of his best, a good job.i don´t know if the schedule time/principal photography was longer, or if the budget was bigger, but seagal is greater indeed.i think his russian tattoed character is the main attractive of the film.superb.

About the comments i´ve read about if it is or it isn´t his best movie since exit wounds....well...pistol whipped, urban justice, into the sun, belly of the beast and mercenary for justice have impressive things/moments too...so...

One of his best, yeah.probably the best seagal character since exit wounds...i do think so.yeah

but...in my humble opinion ,to say is the best movie since exit wounds it´s only the first impression caused by an understandable first emotion of a good new release than a real review.it´s logical, right now there´s a lack of perspective to say rightly statements.we´ll see in a couple of months.

Don e. Fauntleroy, roel reine, mink, siu-tung chin, anthony hickox(forgetting the dubbing) and don michael paul tried to do his best with annoying producers and dealing with really harsh situations, and we should admit their merit and worth as a matter of fact.
Because of them and their hard work seagal has finally redeemed his career.

Whatever...in short, cool film, seagal is great at 58, there's no doubt about it!, with a pretty good character, good lighting and picture atmosphere and good enough script and lines:

"everybody wants to be a tough guy, but nobody wants the consequences"-ruslan(or something like that, good and true)

congratulations mr.seagal and the whole crew.good work !!

And thank u very much steven seagal for your ´´only whole man army movies´´.nobody can beat u either at the kitchen nor the action-packed movies.

Love you all
 
#63
I completely agree with you review latino...

At first some members were saying this was a poor film... as I respect everyone's right to their opinion, I believe they were being very selfish and not giving the credit he deserves. After all these crap DTV releases like Kill Switch, Today You Die, Submerged, etc... he finally makes a quality DTV release, a release with more effort and outstanding fight scenes, a DTV release you know Seagal put time into. Urban Justice, Pistol Whipped, Shadowman, Mercenary For Justice and Into The Sun are his best DTV releases in my opinion... but Driven To Kill is my favorite.

It's my favorite because Seagal is playing a character he's never played before, everyone always complains about substance in Seagal's character playing, with Driven To Kill he plays an ex Russian mafiaoso member.

This DTV has some of the best hand to hand combat fight scenes in a DTV release since Mercenary For Justice and Urban Justice. In my opinion this has the best fight scenes out of all his DTV release.

Yes there are some flaws in the film, the unconsistent voice dubbing in the beginning of the film. The close up of the fight scenes, the corny Russian music during every fight. The split second body doubles during the fights and stand in doubles during some dialouge... But none the less this is his best DTV release so far.

Seagal is finally putting more effort in his films so we need to give him the credit he deserves.

latinojazz;197474 said:
First of all: I liked a lot the movie...steven is always inspiring.

The darkness of his character is awesome, the tattoos, his atittude...cool.

The fights are good, despite the annoying way of filming them so close, the weird editing and the nervous movements of the camera in the most of fights.
However, if u watched the fights twice you could see his fantastic arms movements and amazing skills, ´though i must say that some fights from urban justice, pistol whipped or the hammer bones destruction of kill switch impressed me a little bit more than the ruslan ones.
Nevertheless, i said again the fights are cool and ruslan is really a dangerous and scary guy.

The russian accent is a necessary effort to the ruslan character, i think seagal tried to do his best and he achieved a decent goal.

I really appreciate that the stunts & stand-ins are lightly noticed or saw.

I think that jeff king, his director of photography or both of them are clearly the best with the lighting on the latest dtv seagal movies, as we could see in kill switch before.i love to watch seagal well lighted up.doesn´t you?

The music is poor, 'though the accordion pieces in some russian scenes are not bad....but doesn´t good either.

To this point i must say driven to kill, pistol whipped and urban justice are my favourite dtv seagal movies so far, and i rate all of them with 4 of 5 stars to being video releases.('though i think many of his dtv flics have any good moment, line or fight that a fan can enjoy)

without any doubt driven to kill is one of his best, a good job.i don´t know if the schedule time/principal photography was longer, or if the budget was bigger, but seagal is greater indeed.i think his russian tattoed character is the main attractive of the film.superb.

About the comments i´ve read about if it is or it isn´t his best movie since exit wounds....well...pistol whipped, urban justice, into the sun, belly of the beast and mercenary for justice have impressive things/moments too...so...

One of his best, yeah.probably the best seagal character since exit wounds...i do think so.yeah

but...in my humble opinion ,to say is the best movie since exit wounds it´s only the first impression caused by an understandable first emotion of a good new release than a real review.it´s logical, right now there´s a lack of perspective to say rightly statements.we´ll see in a couple of months.

Don e. Fauntleroy, roel reine, mink, siu-tung chin, anthony hickox(forgetting the dubbing) and don michael paul tried to do his best with annoying producers and dealing with really harsh situations, and we should admit their merit and worth as a matter of fact.
Because of them and their hard work seagal has finally redeemed his career.

Whatever...in short, cool film, seagal is great at 58, there's no doubt about it!, with a pretty good character, good lighting and picture atmosphere and good enough script and lines:

"everybody wants to be a tough guy, but nobody wants the consequences"-ruslan(or something like that, good and true)

congratulations mr.seagal and the whole crew.good work !!

And thank u very much steven seagal for your ´´only whole man army movies´´.nobody can beat u either at the kitchen nor the action-packed movies.

Love you all
 
#64
Good idea, poor execution.

After the debacle that was Kill Switch, I held little hope for Ruslan. After all, it was directed and produced by the same people.

After about thirty minutes of Ruslan, I was completely at ease. The movie was quite good. Sure, it wasn't perfect -- the horrible polka music whenever Ruslan had a fight got on my nerves -- but at least it was coherent and featured an aggressive and worthy performance from Seagal.

At about the forty minute mark, things became a little unstuck. For starters, the movie all of a sudden started to show its low budget roots. When Ruslan is kicking the crap out of the guy in the slum tennement, Stephan is watching him...and lets the bad guys whom he thinks murdered his fiance wander past RIGHT BEHIND HIM! Ruslan doesn't even notice???? It comes off as weak and it looks stupid on screen. Surely a badass like Ruslan would have seen them and turned them into mincemeat???

The red herrings were stupid too. It was pretty obvious who was behind it all and who was innocent, so why bother to draw it out?

And the sub plot with the cops was stupid. And what was the point in having them in the damn movie anyway? They did NOTHING!

After about an hour, the body double starts to become noticable too. Real noticeable. Especially at the end when he starts running around with the machine gun. You can tell it's not Seagal. And some of the shots with the body double weren't needed anyway.

But the worst part is the direction. Why do modiern day directors feel the need to speed up the film then slow it down. The part where Ruslan is talking to the Hot Asian doctor is the worst. All of a sudden the film WHOOSHES down the hall, then WHOOSHES back to her -- for no reason other than the director went crazy on the Avid editing machine.

Then there's the end. After shooting the crap out of an entire hospital, Ruslan just walks away scott free. I know the police were sympathetic to his cause, but they're still cops. They're gonna nail his ass for weapons charges and reckless endangerment.

And the very final scene. Who were they kidding? And who decided to put it in? Having killed his enemies, Ruslan is a happy man. His honor has been restored. That should have been the ending.

INSTEAD....

We get the opening scenes of the film, flipped over so they look different with his daughter's voice on the phone. I get why they did it, to show he was back in his daughter's life, but surely having her wake up from the coma, see her dad and smile, and have him say something like "I'm not going anywhere, baby." would have been better???

I know this sounds like I'm picking things apart, but it's such a shame with this film. The fights are good. The violence is good. Seagal is good. The story and script were good.

The shabby, and overly stupid direction and post production tinkering destroyed it.

Please, no more films with Jeff King.
 

Martin01

Well-Known Member
Staff member
#65
gunslinger;197540 said:
When Ruslan is kicking the crap out of the guy in the slum tennement, Stephan is watching him...and lets the bad guys whom he thinks murdered his fiance wander past RIGHT BEHIND HIM! Ruslan doesn't even notice???? It comes off as weak and it looks stupid on screen. Surely a badass like Ruslan would have seen them and turned them into mincemeat???
That was clearly behind the wall, Ruslan didn't see them. They also said not one word and were very calm, and Ruslan had to do to kick informations out of the ass from the gangster.

I thought the direction was quite good, and the showdown exciting, I also liked the ideas from the director there.

But I agree Jeff King should learn how to shoot a fight scene. Probably he should watch Pistol Whipped in that case.

Surely it's not a "really" good movie, but way better than stuff like KS, AF, FOF, BD or TF.
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#66
gunslinger;197540 said:
After the debacle that was Kill Switch, I held little hope for Ruslan. After all, it was directed and produced by the same people.

After about thirty minutes of Ruslan, I was completely at ease. The movie was quite good. Sure, it wasn't perfect -- the horrible polka music whenever Ruslan had a fight got on my nerves -- but at least it was coherent and featured an aggressive and worthy performance from Seagal.

At about the forty minute mark, things became a little unstuck. For starters, the movie all of a sudden started to show its low budget roots. When Ruslan is kicking the crap out of the guy in the slum tennement, Stephan is watching him...and lets the bad guys whom he thinks murdered his fiance wander past RIGHT BEHIND HIM! Ruslan doesn't even notice???? It comes off as weak and it looks stupid on screen. Surely a badass like Ruslan would have seen them and turned them into mincemeat???

The red herrings were stupid too. It was pretty obvious who was behind it all and who was innocent, so why bother to draw it out?

And the sub plot with the cops was stupid. And what was the point in having them in the damn movie anyway? They did NOTHING!

After about an hour, the body double starts to become noticable too. Real noticeable. Especially at the end when he starts running around with the machine gun. You can tell it's not Seagal. And some of the shots with the body double weren't needed anyway.

But the worst part is the direction. Why do modiern day directors feel the need to speed up the film then slow it down. The part where Ruslan is talking to the Hot Asian doctor is the worst. All of a sudden the film WHOOSHES down the hall, then WHOOSHES back to her -- for no reason other than the director went crazy on the Avid editing machine.

Then there's the end. After shooting the crap out of an entire hospital, Ruslan just walks away scott free. I know the police were sympathetic to his cause, but they're still cops. They're gonna nail his ass for weapons charges and reckless endangerment.

And the very final scene. Who were they kidding? And who decided to put it in? Having killed his enemies, Ruslan is a happy man. His honor has been restored. That should have been the ending.

INSTEAD....

We get the opening scenes of the film, flipped over so they look different with his daughter's voice on the phone. I get why they did it, to show he was back in his daughter's life, but surely having her wake up from the coma, see her dad and smile, and have him say something like "I'm not going anywhere, baby." would have been better???

I know this sounds like I'm picking things apart, but it's such a shame with this film. The fights are good. The violence is good. Seagal is good. The story and script were good.

The shabby, and overly stupid direction and post production tinkering destroyed it.

Please, no more films with Jeff King.
to be fair UJ has the same ending ie seagal just walks through all the cops and nobody says anything but TBH it doesent bother me that much

i agree with a direction thing though and jeff king does look like hes a bit lost directing a seagal flick when maybe he would be better directing TV shows

overall though DTK is IMO seagals best film since 2001 and with better PV it could have got a release in theaters
 
#67
I agree with you some what on this film...

However I want to state this, after all these terrible Seagal films especially the debacle with Kill Switch, we got two decent films. Pistol Whipped was a sold film, I felt it was a little boring, but it was a decent film. Urban Justice had such a cliche low budget film but the action and fights were awesome.

Then we get Kill Switch and we are back to the trash DTV films.

Driven To Kill from many members have mixed reviews. They don't know how to view it. I liked the film. Yes there were some lows, but the film was a good film. The action and fights were great. Some of the best if you really look back on all his DTV releases, I honestly feel Pistol Whipped, Urban Justice and Driven To Kill are his three strongest films along with Into The Sun.

Driven To Kill by all means is a good film and we have to give Seagal credit. Instead of pointing out all the little messes in this movie, we should appreciate this one. Even though I am one to point out all the voice dubbing, doubles when I write my reviews... I have a change of heart. Seagal tried and put alot of effort in this film and some members are not giving him the credit he deserves. Just compare Driven To Kill with Today You Die, or Kill Switch, or Out Of Reach, or Submerged, etc... Driven To Kill is a strong film.

If you want to talk about body doubles or voice dubbing talk about Belly Of The Beast or Submerged or Kill Switch, but Driven To Kill was a strong film. The action was great, the hand to hand was amazing. But I feel many members are now nitt picking. After complaining about all the crap dtv releases, now I feel many members are trying to find a fault for this film.

gunslinger;197540 said:
After the debacle that was Kill Switch, I held little hope for Ruslan. After all, it was directed and produced by the same people.

After about thirty minutes of Ruslan, I was completely at ease. The movie was quite good. Sure, it wasn't perfect -- the horrible polka music whenever Ruslan had a fight got on my nerves -- but at least it was coherent and featured an aggressive and worthy performance from Seagal.

At about the forty minute mark, things became a little unstuck. For starters, the movie all of a sudden started to show its low budget roots. When Ruslan is kicking the crap out of the guy in the slum tennement, Stephan is watching him...and lets the bad guys whom he thinks murdered his fiance wander past RIGHT BEHIND HIM! Ruslan doesn't even notice???? It comes off as weak and it looks stupid on screen. Surely a badass like Ruslan would have seen them and turned them into mincemeat???

The red herrings were stupid too. It was pretty obvious who was behind it all and who was innocent, so why bother to draw it out?

And the sub plot with the cops was stupid. And what was the point in having them in the damn movie anyway? They did NOTHING!

After about an hour, the body double starts to become noticable too. Real noticeable. Especially at the end when he starts running around with the machine gun. You can tell it's not Seagal. And some of the shots with the body double weren't needed anyway.

But the worst part is the direction. Why do modiern day directors feel the need to speed up the film then slow it down. The part where Ruslan is talking to the Hot Asian doctor is the worst. All of a sudden the film WHOOSHES down the hall, then WHOOSHES back to her -- for no reason other than the director went crazy on the Avid editing machine.

Then there's the end. After shooting the crap out of an entire hospital, Ruslan just walks away scott free. I know the police were sympathetic to his cause, but they're still cops. They're gonna nail his ass for weapons charges and reckless endangerment.

And the very final scene. Who were they kidding? And who decided to put it in? Having killed his enemies, Ruslan is a happy man. His honor has been restored. That should have been the ending.

INSTEAD....

We get the opening scenes of the film, flipped over so they look different with his daughter's voice on the phone. I get why they did it, to show he was back in his daughter's life, but surely having her wake up from the coma, see her dad and smile, and have him say something like "I'm not going anywhere, baby." would have been better???

I know this sounds like I'm picking things apart, but it's such a shame with this film. The fights are good. The violence is good. Seagal is good. The story and script were good.

The shabby, and overly stupid direction and post production tinkering destroyed it.

Please, no more films with Jeff King.
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#68
Littledragon;197543 said:
I agree with you some what on this film...

However I want to state this, after all these terrible Seagal films especially the debacle with Kill Switch, we got two decent films. Pistol Whipped was a sold film, I felt it was a little boring, but it was a decent film. Urban Justice had such a cliche low budget film but the action and fights were awesome.

Then we get Kill Switch and we are back to the trash DTV films.

Driven To Kill from many members have mixed reviews. They don't know how to view it. I liked the film. Yes there were some lows, but the film was a good film. The action and fights were great. Some of the best if you really look back on all his DTV releases, I honestly feel Pistol Whipped, Urban Justice and Driven To Kill are his three strongest films along with Into The Sun.

Driven To Kill by all means is a good film and we have to give Seagal credit. Instead of pointing out all the little messes in this movie, we should appreciate this one. Even though I am one to point out all the voice dubbing, doubles when I write my reviews... I have a change of heart. Seagal tried and put alot of effort in this film and some members are not giving him the credit he deserves. Just compare Driven To Kill with Today You Die, or Kill Switch, or Out Of Reach, or Submerged, etc... Driven To Kill is a strong film.

If you want to talk about body doubles or voice dubbing talk about Belly Of The Beast or Submerged or Kill Switch, but Driven To Kill was a strong film. The action was great, the hand to hand was amazing. But I feel many members are now nitt picking. After complaining about all the crap dtv releases, now I feel many members are trying to find a fault for this film.
agree with that

some people expect US or OFJ but well never see seagal in films like that again
....EVER

i came to terms with that a few years back and as lkong has he makes solid STV action films ill be happy

other actions stars are the same as iif you go to vam damme forum people on there dont like JCVD the movie has they want action that van damme did back in films like maximum risk but again that wont happen
 

Martin01

Well-Known Member
Staff member
#69
I would like to see a Seagal movie from Roel Reine again but with a bigger budget (20-25 million).

But first let's see how Keoni Waxman did his job!
 
#70
This movie was crap, what a let down. The dubbing was almost throughout the whole movie and Seagal isnt in any better shape here than in any of his last 5 movies(just look at him in the t-shirt). He still had plenty of doubles here and it is simply done for him because he is so out of shape. After this I have litltle hope for The keeper and On the Run, lets just hope there will be a sequel to Taken which was probably this best action movie made this year so far
 
#71
the director is a hack..he doesn't know how to director or give some syle and flair to his scenes(roel reine)..i loved the film but someone should fire the editor(along with the one from Attack Force,kill switch and foreigner), the director and the location manager..except from the bar,the mansion and a little bit from the hospital the movie screamed cheap..but it did have amazing fights and steven tried hard to give it his best..
 

Lord of Snaps

I REMEMBER YOU!!!
#72
I absolutely LOVE this movie! Lots of great action, including some of the most gruesome novelty deaths in seagal's career since the nasty ones in Under Siege (see: armpit stab). Definitely one of the best dtv Seagal films ever, just behind Urban Justice and Pistol Whipped.

I did kinda chuckle tho how Steven's russian accent was absent in afew scenes.
 
#73
Completely disagree with you... actually I am kind of upset because you are not giving the credit Seagal deserves.

The dubbing was only in the beginning of the movie.

The fights were brutal and what every Seagal fan wants to see.

Seagal looked great.

You really are overlooking the film, as a fan to see such a good action movie and his own fans not giving him the credit, upsets me.

This film was neither great or bad, that's why many fans say either it's the best in years or the worst.

But this film is not getting the credit it deserves, why should Seagal make any more films at all. He is trying now as he stated why his previous films were so bad because they were re-writing and re shooting his script and scenes without his consent, he fired them and does not work with those studio heads any more. Finally when Seagal does put in the effort, his fans are bitching about it. It's never enough, this film was a great film and it deserves credit. Seagal is finally trying to put more effort and fans are not appeciating it.

Dmoj;197550 said:
This movie was crap, what a let down. The dubbing was almost throughout the whole movie and Seagal isnt in any better shape here than in any of his last 5 movies(just look at him in the t-shirt). He still had plenty of doubles here and it is simply done for him because he is so out of shape. After this I have litltle hope for The keeper and On the Run, lets just hope there will be a sequel to Taken which was probably this best action movie made this year so far
 

Kotegashi

Master Of Disaster
Staff member
#74
Dmoj;197550 said:
This movie was crap, what a let down. The dubbing was almost throughout the whole movie and Seagal isnt in any better shape here than in any of his last 5 movies(just look at him in the t-shirt). He still had plenty of doubles here and it is simply done for him because he is so out of shape. After this I have litltle hope for The keeper and On the Run, lets just hope there will be a sequel to Taken which was probably this best action movie made this year so far
Are you sure you're talking about DTK? In the parking garage and hospital (end battle) Seagal is definitely in a much better shape then in any of his DTV movies. Dubbing is only a couple of sentences, the rest is all Seagals voice. There were some doubles, but that is in every single movie. There are not many "stars" that will come to a set just to run across the screen to be seen from the back. I first thought in some fights scenes there was a double, but looking at it frame by frame you could sometimes see Seagals face in the last frame or so and it is Seagal (pleasant surprise). I've talked with a few people (no Seagal fans) who have seen the movie on my request (and don't know about all the criticism we fans have given in the past about dubbing and doubles) and asked them about the doubles and dubbing in the movie. They didn't notice any of it!!

We are all too focused on this and fail to just simply enjoy the movie and look at it with a clear mind.

Stallone, Lundgren, Statham, Schwarzenegger, Norris, Vandamme all use or have used doubles in all action movies. Watch their movies like you did Seagals movies and you will notice them just as much as in Seagals movies.

Every movie should be watched with an open mind and without any prejudice.

Don't go looking for the "flaws" of a movie, watch it to enjoy yourself. If you then didn't enjoy yourself, then you can complain.

Peace
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#75
Dmoj;197550 said:
This movie was crap, what a let down. The dubbing was almost throughout the whole movie and Seagal isnt in any better shape here than in any of his last 5 movies(just look at him in the t-shirt). He still had plenty of doubles here and it is simply done for him because he is so out of shape. After this I have litltle hope for The keeper and On the Run, lets just hope there will be a sequel to Taken which was probably this best action movie made this year so far
he was not dubbed that much....maybe a bit in the first 10 minutes
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#76
Kotegashi;197558 said:
Are you sure you're talking about DTK? In the parking garage and hospital (end battle) Seagal is definitely in a much better shape then in any of his DTV movies. Dubbing is only a couple of sentences, the rest is all Seagals voice. There were some doubles, but that is in every single movie. There are not many "stars" that will come to a set just to run across the screen to be seen from the back. I first thought in some fights scenes there was a double, but looking at it frame by frame you could sometimes see Seagals face in the last frame or so and it is Seagal (pleasant surprise). I've talked with a few people (no Seagal fans) who have seen the movie on my request (and don't know about all the criticism we fans have given in the past about dubbing and doubles) and asked them about the doubles and dubbing in the movie. They didn't notice any of it!!

We are all too focused on this and fail to just simply enjoy the movie and look at it with a clear mind.

Stallone, Lundgren, Statham, Schwarzenegger, Norris, Vandamme all use or have used doubles in all action movies. Watch their movies like you did Seagals movies and you will notice them just as much as in Seagals movies.

Every movie should be watched with an open mind and without any prejudice.

Don't go looking for the "flaws" of a movie, watch it to enjoy yourself. If you then didn't enjoy yourself, then you can complain.

Peace
Schwarzenegger used loads of doubles even in his heyday
 
#77
I thought this movie was one of his best DTV releases to date.as mentioned above,who doesnt use doubles nowadays.more importantly,seagal seemed more interested in this film and more involved.trying a russian accent,running in a scene,doing (some) of his own fights etc.when you compare to past films such as black dawn or attack force you can see that driven to kill is a step in the right direction!hopefully the keeper and on the run will steps even further in the right direction!
 
#78
Just finished watching it for the second time and have to admit I judged it too much on the first viewing. It was a really good movie compared to most of what he has done in the past. Im not a critic and should not make comments about movies if im not the one envolved with them. I hope that his next few movies will continue to get better and will still continue to rent them when they come out. I guess I had such high expextations for this film that it changed the way I looked at it the first time. And I also recently saw Taken and just could'nt help thinking why that couldn't have been Seagal's return to the big screen with that movie(although I do think Liam did a great job).
 

rastafari

Well-Known Member
#79
Dmoj;197562 said:
Just finished watching it for the second time and have to admit I judged it too much on the first viewing. It was a really good movie compared to most of what he has done in the past. Im not a critic and should not make comments about movies if im not the one envolved with them. I hope that his next few movies will continue to get better and will still continue to rent them when they come out. I guess I had such high expextations for this film that it changed the way I looked at it the first time. And I also recently saw Taken and just could'nt help thinking why that couldn't have been Seagal's return to the big screen with that movie(although I do think Liam did a great job).
cos taken had 3 times the budget and a better crew in france and better director

you have to take ruslan for what it was a STV action film and in that sense its a good film